Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dark Side – Cycle scheme
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

If say for example you had the maximum amount (£1k AFAIK) to spend on a Roadie and you were looking to buy in February/March time, what would you get?

A bike with a Double is the most likely choice as I had an Allez previously with a Double and that was more than enough for where I live, even more so now I'm in London during the week.

njee20
    Free Member

Does the time of year effect what you buy?

Dunno about darkside bikes, although there's plenty of decent road bikes around that price, perhaps you should look at those?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup as my cycle scheme is only available for a couple of weeks in February/March so you've got 60 days to use the voucher after you recieve it.

I don't want something that's got a really low front end as I may ditch my Boardman Comp Hybrid and utilise the roadie for commuting as well.

schmiken

Orbea Onix with Tiagra from here.

njee20
    Free Member

I didn't mean that, I realised why you specified a time, just is that relevant to what people will suggest? As in, if you were going to buy now, I'd say X, but seeing as you're buying it in 4 months I'd say get y?

Planet-X if you can I reckon, or Boardman. IME no road bikes of that value will have low front ends, my Allez Elite is like a chopper compared to my Madone.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Just seen the Planet X carbon thingy, looks awesome, if only I had a grand set as-side!!

DaddyPig
    Free Member

I'll second the planet x new carbon special. That's a shed load of bike for a grand. There's nothing that comes close for the money.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dark Side – Cycle scheme’ is closed to new replies.