Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • dark and white trailquest this sunday
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

Anyone doing it?

Shorty12
    Free Member

Would of done it if I was back home

Garry_Lager

Was half thinking of doing it with the family. My Lad’s only 5, though, and D&W are stingy with the check points IME. Doubt there would be enough low hanging fruit to bimble around and have the wee man enjoy it.

MadBillMcMad

not done one of these for years – a great way of exploring the countryside

legspin
    Free Member

If you are going to do it please smile 🙂 and pretend you are enjoying yourself!

Shorty12
    Free Member

I really enjoy doing them

cp

I’m doing it… They’re brilliant events! Combining using your noggin with physical fitness is a great combo.

Weather is looking lush 🙂

mrjmt
    Free Member

First time we’re doing the D&W, done the polaris before.

Looked on the OS, can’t really figure out where the CPs might be around Matlock, any clues? N, S, E or W?!? ❓

(I assume you ride from the meeting point?)

cp

You wont know until the day, and the guys at D&W have got a great ability to put CP’s out where you least expect them to be!

You ride from straight outside the event centre. 3 hours, penalty points for lateness.

If you’ve got an ounce of competitiveness, those last few miles back to the event centre are some of the fastest you’ll ever ride 🙂

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Looking forward to it, lungs not so much!

cp

That was great fun 🙂

I got a puncture within the first 40 mins. turns out my spare tube also had a hole in it. Thankfully i’d taken patches and glue, so 12mins later I was rocking again with two patched tubes. I was a bit annoyed with myself to say the least, so turned it into a hard ride for fun. Stupidly rode straight past CP1 on the way back – just straight past the road end. Numpty. Was late anyway so didn’t go back for it. 269 points…

mrjmt
    Free Member

175 points.

I have a multitude of excuses…

Main one is just my poor route planning, herded myself back towards Matlock too early and finished on 2:40!

Excellent day though, will deffo be doing it again.

One observation though, I didnt think the other riders were particularly friendly. Most of the Male Senior riders were pretty ignorant, not even a smile in response to my cheery ‘Hello’. Think I had more words out of a bunch of roadies that I climbed with!

Also, nice to see the spirit of full length blue ron hills and v-brakes is still alive! 😆

cp

Way way too much concentration on route planning etc… to get into a conversation whilst en route! Chat is for before and after – I find them very sociable events.

mrjmt
    Free Member

noted for next time, a smile doesnt take long though!

cp

You’re right it doesn’t, and I’m with you on that – I try to acknowledge as much as poss. Sometimes though you’re just thinking about other stuff.

FWIW, when I was stopped fixing my puncture(s) just about everyone who went past asked if I was OK and whether I needed anything.

mrjmt
    Free Member

8)

fizzer
    Free Member

Glad to hear you both enjoyed it more info here:

http://www.bmbo.org.uk/

philtricklebank

Yeah I find people generally too focussed to return the “hello”s, either that or you are generally going too fast in opposite directions to hear a reply! I too have found people willing to stop and offer help with punctures and mechanicals, affecting their own times in the process Great ride on Sunday, lovely morning for it, and plenty of chat over the tea and biscuits at the end. Great atmosphere 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘dark and white trailquest this sunday’ is closed to new replies.