Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)
  • dare We believe… new Force awakens trailer….
  • back2basics
    Free Member

It’s looking soooooo good…
    Loving the John Williams score
    Hey…Where’s Luke ?

moose
    Free Member

The robotic hand on R2. That’s as much as you’ll get for now!

jimjam
    Free Member

Just watched it. Reminds me of the trailers for those other shit heap prequels. The whole thing is dead to me.

Cougar

I think I must’ve watched a different trailer to jimjam.

rocketman
    Free Member

Looks good not too much lens flare

Pigface
    Free Member

Now dont be going and building it up to much or you will just disappoint yourselves.

back2basics
    Free Member

@pigface. So your saying I should order the new films bedding and matching pillowcase with free onesie just yet B-)

bombjack
    Free Member

Looks good, sounds good. For gods sake JJ don’t **** this up.

the-muffin-man

Sooooooo looking forward to this. At least it looks ‘dirty’ and not polished CGI.

martinhutch

So, has Luke gone to the Dark Side or are we just getting teased?

Looks fab.

swavis

That really does look sooo good!

I just don’t want to get burnt again like I did with Prometheus

*adjusts expectation again*

rhid

It looks amazing.

does anyone know if there is a huge (3 year) wait between the release of the new films or a more reasonable year or so?

martinhutch

That score is still utterly fantastic, even after all these years.

bombjack
    Free Member

It might have got a little dusty in here when the music kicked in.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I am far too excited as is decent for a grown man. Expectations are high but so far, the trailers are not disappointing.

My main fear is that my wife sees me cry watching this more than at our wedding. I confess I filled up when Han appeared on the trailer.
    And yes, I do have a wife.

bombjack
    Free Member

My wife doesn’t get it. I asked her if she wanted a ticket for the 12.01 am showing on the 17th and she tutted and walked off.
    I’ll be going on my own then.
    Possibly in fancy dress.

Alex

Looks fab. First proper film I remember in 1977 when my Grandma took me. She was mildly perturbed by the whole experience. I was hooked. I’m just going to pretend the prequels didn’t happen and go straight from return of the jedi to this one.

BigDummy
    Free Member

It is reasonably easy to make a good trailer. Experience suggests it’s really tricky to make a good Star Wars film. We’ll see when it comes out.

🙂

The-Beard

The trailer gave me goose bumps… Finger’s crossed, eh?!

P-Jay
    Free Member

It looks fantastic, I’ll be going about Xmas time with my mates (we all grew up with it) and our kids.

I think it’ll be much better than the prequels, the director has been very good, left his ego at home and is making a Star Wars film, not a JJ Abrams film or an elongated toy advert.

BUT, and it’s a big but, I won’t be as good as the originals, not for me anyway, as a 37 year old I just don’t have the same wide-eyed wonder that I had when I was 5, I don’t have the same imagination anymore. I think if I accept that I’ll enjoy it more.

Also, I think I know why Luke is hardly in the trailer and not on the poster, but I won’t spoil it for anyone.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Very excited! I’m another member of the goosebumps club.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

For the lazy and disconnected:

Star Wars Trailer

kimbers

Yeah 50/50 on the trailer myself, JJ makes fun but ultimately disposable blockbusters ,Star Wars deserves something better.
    I liked the look of the bits with the new cast, Captain Phasma , I hope won’t be to clichéd a baddie.
    Not sure about Han solo, and ‘everything g you’ve heard was true’ line, sounds a bit formulaic Hollywood.

Also Chewbacca should be looking older somehow !

nuke

I am far too excited as is decent for a grown man.

^^^ this…so excited! 😀

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Also Chewbacca should be looking older somehow !

How long do Wookie’s live for? Didn’t he appear in the last prequel?

andyfla
    Free Member

That droid must have awesome seals on it to be able to roll over the sand and not gum up – or am I overthinking it ?

jam-bo

That droid must have awesome seals on it to be able to roll over the sand and not gum up – or am I overthinking it ?

hyperspace travel, lightsabers, ‘the force’ and you find a sealing mechanism improbable?

johndoh
    Free Member

That score is still utterly fantastic, even after all these years.

So much this. I is excited!

SaxonRider

jimjam – Member
    Just watched it. Reminds me of the trailers for those other shit heap prequels. The whole thing is dead to me.

Does. Not. Compute.

After the so-called prequels, I thought it was dead, but no. Abrams seems to know just how to get me to let it in.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

hyperspace travel, lightsabers, ‘the force’ and you find a sealing mechanism improbable?

Exactly! What stops the lightsaber firing off into outer space indefinitely like some kind of enormous laser pointer?

zilog6128

Yep – the design for that droid is 100% based on selling a (very cool) toy.

nemesis
    Free Member

I shall be wearing this to the showing 🙂

http://shop.airosportswear.com/collections/cycling/products/white-troop-cycling-jersey

The trailer certainly looks good. Fingers crossed…

So why are Leia and Han looking so sad? theories heard so far:
    – Luke’s turned to the dark side
    – Luke dies

johndoh
    Free Member

So why are Leia and Han looking so sad? theories heard so far:
    – Luke’s turned to the dark side
    – Luke dies

I think both seem a bit too obvious at this stage.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Sorry, but I’m very unconvinced after seeing this.

Looks like the actual thing could be terribly disappointing.

Not quite sure what I can put my finger on about this trailer, other than it all just seems a bit – meh. It looks like the trailer for any other generic 2010s action film, albeit with CGI X-wings and the Millennium Falcon in it.

Sorry.. 😐

oldnpastit

A tiny group of people, fighting a massively superior force, and winning against all the odds?

So, this is an allegory for Islamic State then?

nemesis
    Free Member

The problem is that our generation have Luke, Han, Leia, Obi Wan, DV, etc held up as huge characters that are part of our cultural heritage as kids in that era. The new characters are going to be hard to hold up to that so we’re likely to have a very different view to younger generations. Also, until the full three film story unfolds, it’s hard to see where they’ll fit in or how big they’ll be – Luke, the farmboy in the first film was hardly anything grand but became that over the course of the three films.

But ultimately it’s just make-believe…

BoardinBob

At least it looks ‘dirty’ and not polished CGI.

^this

Looks much more “Empire” than “Return”

mark90
    Free Member

Lightsabers a reality, maybe, but a decent seal to keep sand and water out of moving parts / bearings, not in this lifetime 😉

loum
    Free Member

Still someone missing……

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘dare We believe… new Force awakens trailer….’ is closed to new replies.