Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Danny's run at the worlds.
  • jockthestore
    Free Member

Has anyone else noticed that the view count is now over 3/4 of a million? Am I right in thinking that’s 3/4 million computer IP’s, not 3/4 million views? This really is what mountain biking coverage is about. What made me sit up and take notice was when 2 of my non-mountain biking mates posted the link up on facebook. OK, so part of the reason the hit count is so high must be down to Rob Warner & Nige Page’s fantastic comments, but still… Awesome stuff. I wonder if/when the likes of the BBC or C4 will sit up and take notice in this.

DezB
    Free Member

good point – but C4 do occasionally (or have in the past) show highlights of the DH champs on “Freesports on 4” (usually about 3:55am). I think that’s the best we can hope for.

chakaping
    Free Member

View count where? On YT? Probably “page views” rather than “unique views” if that’s what you mean.

Great though I agree.

If the mainstream TV channels do take notice it’ll probably just be to hire Warner to do the F1 commentary though.

😉

JohnnyPanic

May be on Eurosport later on today.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If the mainstream TV channels do take notice it’ll probably just be to hire Warner to do the F1 commentary though.

I’d actualy pay a sky subscription to watch that!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Warner to do the F1 commentary

*Reconsiders paying for Sky Sports*

Edit:Bugger spoon beat me. Damn you slow sausage fingers!!!

nbt

Johnny Panic – Member
    May be on Eurosport later on today.

Ta, just checked and it is!

Mountain Bike World Championships
    Tuesday 13 September 7.30pm
    Eurosport UK

Other Airings
    Tue 13 Sep, 3:30pm Eurosport2 UK
    Thu 15 Sep, 11:30am Eurosport2 UK

grum
    Free Member

View count where? On YT? Probably “page views” rather than “unique views” if that’s what you mean.

I reckon so too, and I’ve watched it about 20 times 🙂

I’d actualy pay a sky subscription to watch that!

Rob Warner does the commentary on Red Bull X Fighters on Dave and he’s a lot more professional/boring than on Freecaster sadly.

chakaping
    Free Member

I saw the X Fighters the other day and they don’t really make enough of him do they?

He was just doing a reaction bit after each run with another guy doing the commentary during the actual riding I think.

Wonder how many other disappointed MTB fans won’t be tuning into it again.

🙂

ir_bandito
    Free Member

If its “page views”, then quite a lot of them can be credited to my son. He loves it!

RobHilton
    Free Member

Also had non-riding friends getting excited about it.

Maybe it’ll inspire them to discover the joys of chucking themselves down mountains too?

big_scot_nanny

yup, completely non-mtb colleague, who is aware of my passion, came over to ask if I’d seen it. Cool!

Kev

soobalias
    Free Member

doesnt count the numerous YT vids that were pulled, took me an age to find one when i was looking last week

chakaping
    Free Member

“I’m going to give you a high five like Brett Tippie!”

😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Danny's run at the worlds.’ is closed to new replies.