Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Danny MacAskill Insight 2012 vid. He rides a bit of mtb too!
  • HermanShake
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heeQnBsnx2Y&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Quite interviewey, but a good vid none the less.

rewski
    Free Member

Always good to watch a Danny Mac vid, but the product placement was clumsy and blatant, pays the bills though.

mikey74
    Free Member

but the product placement was clumsy and blatant

Why do you think they make these videos in the first place?

He’s been riding mtb’s for quite a few years, and even races occasionally I believe.

argyle
    Free Member

the product placement was clumsy and blatant

what? in a fully paid for and sponsored promotional advert video? really? are you sure?

float
    Free Member

notice how he has a triple up front 😉

kayak23

There is this one too. Very, very impressive but dare I say it, a little boring/samey now?…
    Sorry, just think it lacks the explosiveness and energy of the Inspired one which most folk came to know him by.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHLtVhTaZjA[/video]

rewski
    Free Member

what? in a fully paid for and sponsored promotional advert video? really? are you sure?

yeh yeh I know, but the pan across the tyres reminded me of this:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAjXYfTtGas[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks for the link, video is excellent gets across a little of the man, yes the product placement lacks subtlety. I love the spontaneous applause from the old couple at the bus stop.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I thought he seemed quite down to earth, his exposure could easily make him more cocky.

He needs to collaborate with Akrigg!

stanfree
    Free Member

The guy is living the dream and all my sons mates know who Danny MacAskill Is. I cant remember the last time a trials rider was a house hold name , Not even Hans Rey was that well known.
    I dont actually like watching the run of the mill trials as much as I admire there skills but the Likes of Danny and Chris Akrigg are exciting to watch and make you want to go out and do Bunny Hops in the street.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I think that vid kayak posted up is technically impressive but the middle of the road rock adds blandness. There should be a bit more personality in there and yes, it does all wash into the same thing after a bit. he makes it look so easy that the value of what’s being done diminishes.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

i’m surprised he wasn’t using a LEZYNE Co2 pump to repair his puncture

StirlingCrispin

I regularly ride the trails featured at the end of the video and the log ride is stupidly exposed and greasy. I’ve never seen anyone ride it – but Danny makes it look so easy!

stanfree
    Free Member

Stirling , Looks like Dumiyat going by the position of the Wallace monument.

2hottie
    Free Member

The guy is amazing and he appears to be a nice chap, I love watching his videos. However he needs a rear light on his bike.

messiah
    Free Member

Danny was 3rd in the first Macavalanche… he is obviously a damn handy bike rider 8)

I love watching Danny and Akrigg ride, trialsy stuff or normal MTB, you can just tell they are having fun.

kayak23

I’d like to see him on a bmx… His skill combined with the explosive ‘gnar’ of street bmx would be something.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Danny MacAskill Insight 2012 vid. He rides a bit of mtb too!’ is closed to new replies.