Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Danny MacAskill at the Playboy Mansion – Behind the Scenes
  • user-removed
    Free Member

Not one whit do I care.

ahwiles
    Free Member

it’s not a question of anyone being offended, or wishing to protect those poor, abused well-paid women in the video.

it’s this:

the people at STW-Towers decided not to publish the original video on their website for the same reasons why i chose not to share it on my facebook page:

i’m not 12, and sexism hasn’t gone away yet.

chip
    Free Member

How ever many hundreds of thousands of years ago when Homo sapiens first walk the earth I am sure male Homo sapiens would look at female Homo sapiens and think, I would .
    Probably before even having language.

And I hope in however many hundreds of thousands of years time two male Homo sapiens will be sat on a train or futuristic equivalent when a young female homo sapiens will board and walk to the front of the carriage whilst wearing a skirt just tight enough to accentuate her behind.
    And male homo sapiens number one discreetly elbows and whispers to male Homo sapiens number two. ” out of ten” to which male Homo sapiens number two replies “I’d give it one ” And they both laugh, no one dies.

Don’t think women don’t do similar. It was not uncommon for me to hear “he would get it” or “he’d do” when I would run past groups of women when running late in the evening .

Dave
    Free Member

And male homo sapiens number one discreetly elbows and whispers to male Homo sapiens number two. ” out of ten” to which male Homo sapiens number two replies “I’d give And male homo sapiens number one discreetly elbows and whispers to male Homo sapiens number two. ” out of ten” to which male Homo sapiens number two replies “I’d give it one ” And they both laugh, no one dies.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I assumed the “it” was a typo. Tell us it was a typo chip, please?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Clang…!

fatmax

*runs off to the kitchen at work to practice drinking tea angrily*
    what fine acting!

chip
    Free Member

No it wasn’t , I think that was how eric and ernie performed it and would like to stay true to the original dialogue (although I could be wrong).

Anyway it’s funnier with “it” than “her”.

dannyh
    Free Member

All of this is all very well, but did he get a shag or not?

chip
    Free Member

I like a bit of vulgarity in the correct situations.
    I still open doors and offer my seat on the bus, although this has been known to offend some people.

You can’t win sometimes.

rossatease
    Free Member

That’s not actually that different a choice as it effectively boils down to how much you want the money and what you are prepared to do to get it.

I’ve not watched the video and I’ve no real intentions of watching it either so I’m not offended by it, but attempts at justifying ogling women by saying “hey it’s all evolution” or some other such nonsense is frankly ludicrous.

No-one said anything about evolution, well not from me, this is about Red Bull saying to a young lad from Glasgow who has become famous for bike tricks, would he do some in the Playboy Mansion, now are you honestly saying if you were him, you’d say no?

All the rest is about publicity seeking bandwagoning, it could be argued STW Towers were being very clever in their approach, there being no such publicity as bad publicity and it’s an easy one to take the PC moral high ground for effect. I wouldn’t think for one moment that wasn’t part of their commercial consideration.

DezB
    Free Member

he get a shag or not?

If he took his credit card.

gonefishin
    Free Member

No-one said anything about evolution, well not from me,

You didn’t, user-removed did.

Jamie
    Free Member

what fine acting!

he get a shag or not?

If he took his credit card.

Ooof!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    Though I imagine lots of the folk who like this kind of thing are the ones who never get closer to the true reproductive experience than getting excited at the mere sight of ze big boobies.

married men?

Jamie
    Free Member

Just watched the original vid again…

lemonysam
    Free Member

Just watched the original vid again…

You’re saying they look like fun gals?

DezB
    Free Member

Maybe he’s just very impressed by a nose wheelie

DezB
    Free Member

Dave
    Free Member

No it wasn’t

I get it now, you’re suggesting a future with pleasurebots yeah?

Jamie
    Free Member

Good to see Danny always wears protection.

DezB
    Free Member

Why are there 3 on his right and 2 on his left?

lemonysam
    Free Member

I like that they’ve put up rabbit fences.

Jamie
    Free Member

Why are there 3 on his right and 2 on his left?

Because one is off entertaining Mr Hefner.

…I think they’re playing Xbox.

DezB
    Free Member

…I think they’re playing Xbox.

If that’s what he wants…

chip
    Free Member

I get it now, you’re suggesting a future with pleasurebots yeah?

Do you think there won’t be.

BigDummy
    Free Member

kimbers

bit sad that his playboy vid generates more stw postings than his far superior Imaginate or even the Epecuen one

still I suppose that what his sponsors are after!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Another low point for moderation, the images i posted, which were criticisms of harassment and casual misogyny were removed because a couple of cells contained the f-word. As though that were any less acceptable that the ideas and images being posted here. There seems to be a whole MTFU attitude to people being offended or people being offended on behalf of others, yet certain words are deemed to offensive, for whom I’m not sure.

Anyway, link here *warning contains the f-word (****)*

http://m.tickld.com/x/next-time-someone-says-women-arent-victims-of-harassment-show-them

DezB
    Free Member

My baby now sits there, meaningless 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

My baby now sits there, meaningless

You should write country and western songs.

rene59
    Free Member

Thanks CharlieMungus. I have printed that out and will keep it in my pocket for the next time someone tells me women aren’t victims of harassment.

Might be a long wait though because I have never been told that before.

Have you got one where the roles are reversed?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Yes, to an extent, the women in the video are being objectified ( ogled if you prefer ) but I promise you, they don’t mind.

Here’s your chance!!!

Have you got one where the roles are reversed?

No

Sui
    Free Member

said it last time, disappointed, no chebs on show.

user-removed
    Free Member

I am lolling at (other) Jamie’s C&W suggestions.
    “Not long ago, you held my baby’s bottle, but the one you’re holding now’s a different kind…”

fionap

Not particularly to keen to resurrect this thread, but I just found the Epecuen video!
    http://epecuen.redbull.com/

Everything that the Playboy Mansion film isn’t, i.e. fascinating landscape, awesome stunts, beautiful cinematography. I can’t find a thread for it in the search but I’m sure it’s here somewhere.

And for anyone that’s interested in the history of the place, watch this: http://vimeo.com/88706281 – ‘Pablo’s Villa – the remaining resident, who is also the old bloke on a bike at the beginning of the Danny video.

marky29er
    Free Member

Any chic’s in it though?

Milkie
    Free Member

No scantily clad women looking awesome in that Epecuen video, so I’ve got nothing to bitch about… So it’s not worth talking about. 😆

Good video though, but it did come out before “**** yea danny does playboy video”. 😉

fionap

Yeah I realised it came out before, hence why I’m assuming there was a thread on it back then (not that I can find it with the search tool).

Clearly it didn’t generate as much publicity for Red Bull as the Playboy one, or the others for that matter (Industrial Revolutions, Imaginate etc) – surprised I hadn’t heard of it before. Strange because it’s a really nice film.

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Danny MacAskill at the Playboy Mansion – Behind the Scenes’ is closed to new replies.