Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Danny Hart's big huck
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member
    neilforrow

kin’ ll’ He deserves a podium spot just for that.!!.

Fair.

jairaj

he made it look so composed like he jumped of a little kerb … !!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Yes a controlled huck . So good

njee20
    Free Member

+1 for underwhelmed. The corner at the bottom is more impressive.

godzilla
    Free Member

+2 for underwhelmed. The corner at the bottom is more impressive.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I think you are supposed to see it as a whole package no? Controlled huck straight into great corner

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Watch what everyone else is doing then you’ll see the balls/skill it takes to even see the line let alone pull it off.

Sandwich

I was expecting Bender levels of air/plummeting. Good but it’s not Carling.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Underwhelmed…haha! Wonder if the folk saying that have done any serious dh riding or have a real appreciation of what Dannys line involves. Its no smooth runup/landing huck…

njee20
    Free Member

It’s more of a manual down something steep, the back wheel barely leaves the ground. Top riding certainly, but not standout.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

He’s the only rider who did it…isn’t that by definition ‘standout’?

wiggles
    Free Member

Wheel barely leaves the ground?! Are you lot not watching the same video.

sillyoldman

What wiggles said.

Njee20 needs new glasses.

spectabilis
    Free Member

Yep basically just a manual… 😉
    Danny Hart day 1 Windham 2014: http://youtu.be/EA2yOEdJoYw

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Totes shit, just a manual. Except no one else tries or comes close…

2014 Windham World Cup | Practice Video

njee20
    Free Member

Mmm, ok, watched on a bigger screen and yes it’s bigger than it looked at first, still not really getting the excitement myself.

svalgis
    Free Member

I’d love to see it from another angle, as always the lens tends to flatten everything. You can tell it’s pretty massive though just by noting the air time and the fact that everyone else caught on video gapped maybe 2/3 of the distance.

rephlexer

hmmm, keyboard ninjas – you embarrass yourselves

nbt

No way I could do that personally, but the title had me expecting something like this (apparently from ixs at ilmenau)

Posted by Moritz Zimmermann on Saturday, August 2, 2014

njee20
    Free Member

I said it was great riding, I just didn’t think it necessitated a thread of fanboi cooing.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Should’ve put a whip in there too.

SOAP
    Free Member

That will be me at BPW tomorrow 😉

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Film it and I’ll start a thread of fanboi cooing

phunkmaster
    Free Member

The airtime is great and I bet the cannot see that landing until he’s in the air. The guy’s an animal.

Definitely worth a thread.

al2000

Gee doing the same thing in his race run a few years ago – a different perspective for the doubters :

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn7Neu_pYds[/video]

rOcKeTdOg

it’s not a huck, what it is a flipping fast. air time just means adding seconds, the lad is racing. pefectly controlled and gaining time is what it is

johnj2000
    Free Member

Ok, I am putting this out there and am aware I maybe flamed. What on earth is a ‘huck’ and all those other terms used?

Genuinely interested not trolling.

rOcKeTdOg
    howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Yeah agreed not really a huck . I always thought a huck was a kind of ‘hit and hope’ leap into the relatively unknown. Can be controlled or uncontrolled maybe? I tend to do the uncontrolled ones.

Happens alot in my snowboarding too

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

A huck is what you’d do on an original Glory…

phunkmaster
    Free Member

He hops off that ‘kicker’ and gets unavoidable airtime which is quicker than having to brake and roll down. It’s an immense piece of riding that very few people could do.

I think the term huck was used loosely. Hucks, dropping from a height often to flat, were in vogue about eleven years ago.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I think sometimes when you see video clips like this which somehow manage to underwhelm you, you have to bare in mind just how fast these riders – the fastest downhillers in the world – actually are. And if one rider out of the fastest riders in the world is doing something they won’t then you know it is a seriously impressive piece of riding.

It always looks easy from the other side of the track tape.

scruff
    Free Member

That’s totally amazing riding. Flat out banger into a drift. Kids got skills, he needs a wc win.

nwill1
    Free Member

Read all the comments first and didn’t know what to expect but what ever you call it…it was f#*kin nuts!!

To anyone ‘underwhelmed’ let’s see your vids!!

white101

Walked past the Giant sponsored pick up in Howe street in downtown Vancouver one day last week, gutted to be in BC but not at Whistler this week. Still the weather is great where i am so shouldnt grumble

st

Watching the practice video earlier I wondered if anyone would try that, thanks for sharing!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The video seems to make it look dull and simple which is part of the problem. A different angle and it might look impressive but it just looks like a simple hop at speed and at 3.5s down it might not be the fastest way down the hill.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Great speed and great line… Just because it’s not a redbull canyon backflip doesn’t mean it’s not an epic piece of skill. Take a bow Danny that’s a damn fine bit of riding….

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Danny Hart's big huck’ is closed to new replies.