Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Danny Hart offers coaching
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

https://www.facebook.com/dannyhartfanpage

Presume it’s for MTB and not how to sort your life out . Or perhaps the two are linked

rumple
    Free Member

i imagine that being like talking to a fence…

matt_outandabout

You remember the grey spitting image puppet of John Major? That.

Having been that harsh, perhaps he will be better 1 on 1 that he comes across on camera….

iolo
    Free Member

Ok, he doesn’t seem to be that charismatic but god damn that boy can ride a bike.
    Whatever you learn from him will be great to improve your riding.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’d be very interested to see how he does with this. He strikes me as someone who “can” rather than someone who “can teach.”

Danny: “So, you just go sort of go flat out to the corner and sort of lean the bike over and…erm…go dead fast out of the apex.”

Student: “???”

I hope I’m way off. Good on him.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Surely just trying to keep up (as in, you wouldn’t be able to) would help a little

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I do wonder if some of these coaching efforts might fall into the same trap as univerity lecturing. Just because you’re number 1 in the world at crystalisation thermodynamics, it doesn’t nececeraly follow that you can teach any of that to students.

On the other hand if he is slightly autistic (IIRC he is? And saying he’s got the carisma of a fence post is a bit harsh) then he might have a far better idea of what he’s doing than the likes of Hill or Gwinn who admitted to just getting on a bike and going quick without really thinking about it and as a result probably couldn’t teach it.

sharkattack

Danny has been riding a bike since he could stand up. He is an absolute weapon with undeniable skills learned from years and years of hard work and repetition.

I’m not sure how much of this (if any) would rub off on you in a few hours. If you could buy whatever it is he has everybody would ride like that.

jemima
    Free Member

From various interviews and videos over the years I get the impression that Danny is really quite analytical with his bike set up, training and line choice. Maybe he is the same with his skills. Although at times outwardly wild on the bike I think is can be very ‘precise’ as well. Could make a very good tutor???

MrNice
    Free Member

the best coaches usually weren’t naturals at whatever it is and had to work really hard and think about what they were doing. The really talented ones seem unable to understand why everyone else finds it so difficult.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Well I certainly think he’s made for riding a bike, talking doesn’t seem to be one of his strengths to say the least.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I think Fabien Barel would make a good coach he seems to really like detail when it comes to technique.

geoffj

He’s still a relatively young lad who has already reached the pinnacle of his sport. He now fancies trying a bit of coaching – giving something back, thinking about how he might earn a crust in the future.

Give him a break ffs.

duir
    Free Member

For all the talk in the world, sometimes you learn the most by riding with someone really, really good and watching how they do it. You don’t have to be a loud mouth, flamboyant show off spouting endless technical jargon to be a good instructor.

The most likely students for Danny’s coaching days will be budding downhill stars/wannabe’s and they will probably have a brilliant day out with their idol whilst learning some skills. I would say most of them will totally identify with Danny as a coach.

He is still very young and in his prime yet he is trying to put something back into MTB.

Am I surprised that he has already been slagged off on STW by people that have never met him, seen him coach or have 1/1000th his ability on a bike?

No.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Go get yourselves a Crosser and learn to ride it, then get into DH. That’s how most of them have done it.

Danny is a fantastic rider but I’m not so sure he would be a good teacher and yes, I have met/ridden with him on numerous occasions.

AlexSimon

It’d be a cracking day out whatever!

HughStew

Are you sure you’re reading this right. Maybe he’s looking to pick up a few pointers from the riding Gods of STW.

duir
    Free Member

Go get yourselves a Crosser and learn to ride it, then get into DH

or
    Get into MTB at a very young age through your MTB mad dad. Go out riding at any opportunity including everything from the local BMX jump park to big mountain days and everything inbetween. In your mid to late teens take all the skills you learned from riding loads of different bikes over the years into downhill and maybe even do a few downhill races. Get your dad to pay for you to have a brilliant day out with one of your favorite downhill pop stars and maybe even learn a new skill that makes you loads faster and in the process save your dad the horrendous expense of the whole pre downhill MTB motocross phase hence saving yourself from looking like a right little rich kid that goes through loads of phases of hobbies at your dad’s expense.

deviant
    Free Member

Agree with Duir, this is a day for teenagers on the British scene who want to ride with and learn from an established international rider….not the typical STW reader who would be old enough to be Danny’s dad, rides a rigid fatbike and spends Sunday mornings fighting over parking spaces in the Surrey Hills.

Do they do coaching for middle aged tubsters on how to correctly position numerous mudguards and racks on the bike, what shoes for walking down Barry Knows Best and correct position of MTB in boot of Audi?

rockitman

Won a day riding with the Atherton’s at Revolution about 18 months ago. Did a run with Rachel riding behind me shouting instructions. I’ve been on a couple of day long courses with good coaches, but I learnt more on that run than I did on all the courses combined.

rockitman

Oh, I’m 40 btw.

chakaping
    Free Member

Are you sure you’re reading this right. Maybe he’s looking to pick up a few pointers from the riding Gods of STW.

😆

Hey, there’s always room for improvement.

scruff
    Free Member

Rachel riding behind me shouting instructions

😯

legend
    Free Member

HughStew – Member

“Lesson 1, buy a fatbike Danny”
    “Eh?”
    “Remember it’s not about going fast, it’s about teh LOLZ”

Trimix
    Free Member

What did she shout at you then Rockitman ?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Danny Hart offers coaching’ is closed to new replies.