Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Danny Hart BBC Sports personality of the year?
  • josh1982
    Free Member

Click the link to help make it possible. I am sure the page will gain momentum.

http://www.facebook.com/dannyhartbbcsportspersonality

brakes
    Free Member

no chance

hooja
    Free Member

should be…wont be!

yunki
    Free Member

clicked liked and shared..

josh1982
    Free Member

yeah your right it will be Mo farah……..i’ll give up now.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

If you want to vote for a cyclist with a chance of winning then Mark Cavendish is your man

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

given that he beeb didn’t even mention his win on the sport/cycling website, i can’t imagine him winning SPOTY…

plus (without sounding like an arse), other than winning, what has he done this year? is he a ‘personality’ or someone who won a race?

fasthaggis

Yup,big respect to Danny for his achievements and awesomeness ,but Cav will get my vote.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Absolutely no chance. And just to play Devil’s advocate, why should he be? There are probably a few British world champions in sports nobody cares about, so why not them?

BigJohn

It’s Bullheart for me.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

I’ll be surprised if any cyclist wins it this year, and being the best in the world in a small sport is no match for being known in a big one.

But I’ll still vote, and I still think Steve Peat should have had it in 2009.

yossarian
    Free Member

If it’s a cyclist then Cavendish has achieved far more this year.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Tracey Mosley?? Won more than anyone else this year, Raced the WC XC, SA XC Races and done loads for the sport and an actual personality

SOAP
    Free Member

Jamie Bestwick ?

alpin
    Free Member

Absolutely no chance. And just to play Devil’s advocate, why should he be?

because cycling on mud is cooler than cool?

fudge that road shit… that’s for pussies high on steriods…. don’t think DH has got that far yet.

how do i vote? guessing my pressing like isn’t going to count as a vote as far as the BBC are concerned.

if someone links to the BBC page i’ll vote on that.

st

In a similar vein Peaty didn’t win and his record in the sport goes without saying.

There’s emerging quickly as an outstanding rider in a niche sport and there’s being a national sporting personality.

jonb
    Free Member

It would be Cav for me too, unless Froome finds those seconds…

donsimon
    Free Member

Danny Hart who?

anto164
    Free Member

So explain to me, what has Danny Hart done for the sport? Sure, he’s won ONE elite race this year, and that’s it.

What have you heard of him doing outside of the sport? Nothing? OK.

I’m pretty sure that Cav is well more deserving of it, winning a hell of a lot of stages on the TdF, which (if you noticed) got a lot of people into road cycling and making more people do the C2W which brings the government more ££.

yunki
    Free Member

but road cycling is for bell-ends and nipple-nobs..

Edric64
    Free Member

I had never heard of Hart until I saw a thread on his win here.My vote would go to Cav anyway

anto164
    Free Member

Yeh, true. Never seen a roady wearing full body armour and a MET parachute, so you must be correct.

*sigh*

Road riding is great fun. You can push yourself a lot more than when on the MTB. I’ve pushed myself so i’ve been sick when on the roady, but never been able to do it on the MTB.

donsimon
    Free Member

Cheese toastie has found him. 😀
    How many people outside cycling, or even outside down hilling will have heard of him?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It’s as much about how he has done it, as what he has done. The masses wont know who Danny Hart is though.

TBH – I had to google “Mo Farah”. Athletics is largely off my radar.

yunki
    Free Member

You can push yourself a lot more than when on the MTB. I’ve pushed myself so i’ve been sick when on the roady, but never been able to do it on the MTB.

that’s it..! I’m sold

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

yunki – Member
    but road cycling singletrackworld is for full of bell-ends and nipple-nobs..

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Danny Hart BBC Sports personality of the year?’ is closed to new replies.