• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 'Dangerous' cyclist seen with child on shoulders
  • sacktwist
    Free Member
    scaredypants

hmmm – inflatable toddler on yr shoulders might be a great traffic-calming device

actually, maybe my inflatable girlfriend would do

LadyGresley
    Free Member

And even worse –
    The man who took the photograph, who does not want to be identified, said he saw the man cycling with one hand on the handlebars

Shock, horror!!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I saw a guy going through town with his son around 5-6 yrs of age on the seat with no helmet with his dad pedalling through the traffic he turned down the same road as I did and said to him that’s a bit risky and he went off on one swearing and threatening alsorts a mate of his ran down the road and tried to stick his head through my window but backed of when he saw my fist but kicked my car and caught the rear light. The police couldn’t see any footage on any of the CCTV cameras unfortunately. I’ve been keeping an eye out for them ever since.

takisawa2

On a road its a bit stupid but I’ve ridden with my lads like that in the park etc.
    They probably frown at my lads on the back of my cargo bike on the school run.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its pointless as they make a rubbish helmet anyway, way too lumpy

jota180
    Free Member

I once saw 2 midgets turn up at a supermarket riding a unicycle, one sat on the others shoulders
    They set off back with the one on top laden with carrier bags.

Yes, the circus was in town 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

Years ago, a well known local veterinarian used to ride like that with his kids! In this day and age, he’d probably be brought up on charges…

phiiiiil

I’ve just seen this on the news.

I’m glad that our roads are now so incredibly safe that the most dangerous and newsworthy act is someone carrying a child on their shoulders.

From the tone of voice of the reporter and the police you’d think people didn’t drive round like pillocks all the time anyway…

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m not a parent but did think it must have been a slow news day. as for the police using the phrase “an accident waiting to happen” at what point does the perceived risk become such that they need to interfere? if the rider was standing and the kid was on the seat, is it really that different? I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid at that.

Plenty of drivers don’t give cyclist enough room or drive around on their phones. Are these not “accidents waiting to happen”?

bruneep

Gotta love Indian cyclists

BenjiM

Is that a Jones?

DezB
    Free Member

he saw the man cycling with one hand on the handlebars

How else can he smoke his fag?

jonba
    Free Member

Child on his shoulders, one hand on the bars. Skillz.

joemarshall
    Free Member

I’ve had idiots telling me off for riding on the road with a bike trailer – if people perceive that as too dangerous, it’s not surprising they get up in arms about shoulder rides. And obviously from the above, even some cyclists get up in arms about kids riding in bike seats without helmets on.

I have a picture somewhere of Rose aged one having a shoulder ride on my unicycle, although not on the road! Please no one tell social services.

Edukator
    Free Member

That’ll teach you not to to be a flippin heckler. 😉

But seriously, shouting out of a car at a cyclist what do expect? And you went to the police. Jeez, do you spend your whole life looking for trouble or just when you’re sitting in a car?

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, good story!
    mate of his ran down the road and tried to stick his head through my window but backed of when he saw my fist

Did he think you had no arms up to that point? 😆

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘'Dangerous' cyclist seen with child on shoulders’ is closed to new replies.