Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dan Evans
  • TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Enjoying watching him against Federer at the moment.

Losing but some really nice shots and a lot of potential.

So much nicer to watch than a slog fest from Murray.

noltae
    Free Member

Murray has got some of the most versatile shot selection on the tour .

mikey74
    Free Member

Watching Murray is a lesson in playing tennis.

I’m sure Federer would love it if he could play British players all the time. We keep on offering them up and he keeps on sweeping past them.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Not really a claim to fame so to speak, but I work with his sister.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Watching Murray is a lesson in playing tennis.

Compared to someone like Federer or Wawrinka? Really ?

mikey74
    Free Member

Compared to someone like Federer or Wawrinka? Really ?

Where did I say “at the exclusion of all others”? The statement was about Murray, I replied to it.

To answer your point directly: Murray stands up well against both of those players. The head-to-head record against Federer is 14-11 to Federer: Not bad considering Federer is probably the greatest tennis player of all time.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The head-to-head record against Federer is 14-11 to Federer

yep, I know all that, but it is still a rare match where I particularly enjoy watching his strokeplay, and I often dispair at his 2nd serve (which seems OK again atm). And if he is playing against anyone with a single handed backhand then I will immediately start routing for the other guy.

The pace and angles he gets might be impressive sometimes but even so.

Mind you I find Federer frustrating as well – I seem to have watched more dissappointing matches with him in than anyone – awesome strokes but doesn’t seem to step it up a gear in the way that I seem to remember Samprass, etc, doing.

Maybe it is because he is too smooth and consistent – in the way that Danny Macaskills videos sometimes look blander than they should because he is so smooth doing his stuff.

noltae
    Free Member

Murray is better than Fred Perry – Andy Murray is the greatest British player of all time ..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dan Evans’ is closed to new replies.