Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Damn you Santa Cruz!
  • amedias
    Free Member

The other half has just demo’d a Juliana Roubion, now she wants one, a mere £6600 for the model she tried!!!

How much do kidneys go for?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

best buy her one then

unklehomered
    Free Member

how much will she get if she ebays all her shoes and handbags? 😉

amedias
    Free Member

Sadly not enough unklehomered, not much of a shoe monster…

I’m not a big Strava fiend but it took about 20seconds off her times on every segment so she clearly got on well with it!

dannybgoode

Surely if she spends £6k+ on a bike next time you want to you don’t even have to ask.

Get it her bought safe if the knowledge you’ve got a free (well sought of) pass to your next upgrade.

thepodge
    Free Member

That’s 20 seconds less riding, I’d prefer my bike to be 20 slower

amedias
    Free Member

Surely if she spends £6k+ on a bike next time you want to you don’t even have to ask.

You ask? 😛

It’s 20 seconds more riding for me as there’s lass waiting 😉

The Santa Cruz is definitely off the list as waaaay out of our budget but she is on the look out for a new trail bike, trying to persuade her to try a few more to see what else she likes and we will probably loll for 2nd hand then so any suggestions for others to try? 650b or 26 so far on the list I’ve got:

Nuke proof mega
    Giant trance
    Trek fuel ex
    Canyon? If we can find someone local
    Spesh
    Santa Cruz blur
    Ellsworth moment/epiphany
    Intense tracer 2

Most of those should be suitabley capable and available 2nd hand by now

convert

According to the blurb the Roubion comes out of the same mould as the Bronson – so is it just colour that makes them different?

The upside is you could buy a his ‘n hers pair without looking too much like the Brady bunch. Just the odd £12K to find…..

amedias
    Free Member

Yeah we had a chat with the SC chap, frames are the same except colour, but the women’s build has a load of women’s tweaks, thinner bars/grips, shorter cranks, lighter shock tune etc, nothing you couldn’t do yourself on a Bronson though

Still too expensive though!

ajantom

Was that up at the Bike Shed demo day on Haldon?
    I took a Bronson C out for an hour – which was nice 8)

However, consider that it costs £5000. After riding it I then did some of the same trails on my hardtail, and having loaded the ride up on Strava most of the times are within a second of each other, some slightly faster some slightly slower.

Lovely bike, but I actually prefer my Dialled Alpine 😐

chakaping
    Free Member

YGM regarding secondhand options Amedias

darrenspink
    Free Member

6.5k for a bike..WTF? How did we get to this.

amedias
    Free Member

Ah I thought I saw you today Tom, it makes little difference to my times but Claire was miles quicker than on her Cannondale and definitely had a bigger smile at the end of it!

ajantom

It was fun though, and I imagine I would get faster with a few more rides. Probably more bike than I would ever need though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Damn you Santa Cruz!’ is closed to new replies.