Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Damn Shower has packed up
  • trout
    Free Member

Major disaster here in Chez trout
    I have a wife and 2 daughters and the bloody shower has packed up
    we have no Bath as a back up and they are not happy with the stand up washing in the sink .

the old shower was a power shower by Aqualiser and looking at replacing it is £600 ish so sod that

question what electric shower to keep the Trouts clean and not break the bank

bruneep

I'm sure showerman will be along sometime soon with advice.

I'd recommend a mira sport, we have 2 oldest being 10yrs old never had any problems at all (kiss of death)

smudge
    Free Member

I can see a new line coming along soon …………

TROUTSHOWERS !!

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Another vote for a mira sport. Wait are you wanting electric or mixer?

sslowpace
    Free Member

We got a very good deal online with showerstoyou.co.uk

Half the price B&Q wanted and 24hr delivery.

It was the same manufacturer so after a little bit of detective work regarding hot/cold for the water (online manuals are great) it was off with the old and the new one was up and working within the hour.

HTH
    Pete

trout
    Free Member

Well that was a nice sunday .
    after 3 days without a working shower and just the sink to have a standup wash in the 3 girls were revolting 😛 and threatening me with unspeakable things .
    so it was down to B&Q for a Mira Sport but they only had the Max version .
    so it was bought even though we could have saved a load of cash if we waited . Mrs trout said no to waiting .

and it is all fitted and working nicely

Thanks for the heads up on the sport.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Thank goodness for that! I can think of nothing worse than a bunch of smelly trout! 😆

adlyhobart
    Free Member

as above. go for mira. fitted hundreds over the years and they are top of the shop. can be pricey but you do find them second hand on FEEbay, if you get a tidy used one i would not be put off by second hand. and a fraction of the price

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

We've got a mira Sport,2 teenagers and the Mrs…….and me it gets plenty of use. We have another much flashier looking shower that has let us down twice. Thankfully ,while under warranty. But we do have a bath for back up.

zaskar
    Free Member

Was it a powered shower? could just replace the pump?

showerman
    Free Member

everybodys happy been riding so came late to the thread, could have done a deal on some lights 😀

spooky_b329

Is it wired in properly? Electric showers need their own chunky cable from the consumer unit.

trout
    Free Member

LOL @ Spongebob
    The lady trouts were very not happy specially by the old trouts wiff.

Zaskar it was the electronics that had decided to not work the pump worked OK and the famous words on the case No user serviceable parts inside , did not stop me looking and agreeing with them.

Showerman I waited as long as possible hoping for a good end result and cash saving
    but the pressure got to me and I cracked.

Spooky I hope so the cable looks like I stole it off the grid .

showerman
    Free Member

we are getting our powershowers and electric showers crossed.
    hope you fitted the same kilowatt unit 8for8 9for9 ect,otherwise you need to part p the installation. thats not me but the regs you know do not want you breaking the LAW 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Damn Shower has packed up’ is closed to new replies.