Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Damaged but still 'ridin' frames
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Show us the damage to your frames that your still happy to ride on, if that makes sense?
    Got a nasty gouge in an old thing I’m building up for winter, and the jurys still out on how bad it is.

DT78
    Free Member

My commuter (morphed from a GT Aggressor) has pretty deep rub on the chainstay where I snapped the rear axle in the middle of nowhere and had to cycle back with it occasionally rubbing.

I was amazed to see the damage, I hadn’t expected a tyre to eat through alloy…5 or so years on it still works fine. Wheels on the ground though 🙂

No pics I’m afraid…

oldgit
    Free Member

Here’s mine

On a nice old retrotastic Trek 8000SL in team colours. All old LX in perfect condition, those funky low spoke count Shimano wheels and I got it free. It does need a bottom bracket, headset and chain. Thinking it’ll save my one and only mountainbike.

crazybaboon

I’m still riding my 2009 Trek Madone 5.2 which has received damage to the nds chain stay after been hit by a Golf GTi!
    Trek inspected it and said don’t ride it but wanted £1000 for a replacement under their crash replacement plan( and only offered me a minging colour).
    After giving it immense grief on the turbo and seeing no movement or nasty sounds I’ve been riding it for over a year like this.

Reluctant
    Free Member

That’ll be ok Oldgit!
    This is the chainstay of an M2 I own – another victim of a snapped axle, I guess.

oldgit
    Free Member

cheese n rice 😯 and that’s still riding?

oxym0r0n

No photos bit I am still riding daily on a P7 that I bent the seatstay on 10 years ago (and got bent back again).

mamadirt
    Free Member

This gets ridden most days, to and from work, usually home via the scenic d/h route 😀

Welded rear end, cracks to the shock mount gussets on both sides and hairline cracks in the linkage plate . . . still waiting for Charlie to bring out the ‘steal me and I’ll dump you on your @rse’ sticker 😈

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Top tube on me HT is bent after it fell off the roof rails 11 years ago & was twatted by the bars (I think)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Damaged but still 'ridin' frames’ is closed to new replies.