Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dales Track Attack
  • alexonabike

Anyone here doing, or fancy doing this? Looks like a cool little event!

http://www.dalestrackattack.co.uk

EDIT: I have to admit that I do work for the NT but have nothing to do with this event!

ricky1
    Free Member

Yes I was going to enter butI’m doing Gisburn enduro on same day so can’t.

ricky1
    Free Member

Are there any other events in the dales in future?

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Just seen this. Likely to give it a shot although the weather doesnt look to good at the mo…

Anyone ridden any of the route before? Any good?

runswithaxes
    Free Member

r8jimbob88 – yes – it’s non-tech fast / fun, mostly on double-track. Good if you like that sort of thing.

martinhutch

Weather looks OK to me!

Dales is bone dry at the moment – all of this will be fine, even with a bit of drizzle here and there. Mastiles is riding beautifully fast. Only tech bit is cleaning the climb up Stockdale.

It’s basically the Settle Loop turned into a figure 8 by including Mastiles and Arncliffe Cote. Arncliffe can be a bit of a grind, but even that should be relatively pleasant.

dawson

I did it last year – weather was horrific and I abandoned at half way point.

Currently watching weather forecast before making a decision for Sunday.

martinhutch

Weather was exceptionally bad last time. I think I’d have taken one look out of the window and binned it. Well in excess of 30mph winds.

Most of the Strava times set along Mastiles Lane with that tailwind will not be beaten for a while, I think.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dales Track Attack’ is closed to new replies.