Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 'dale Trail SL SS 29er sizing – anyone?
  • Kryton57

Hopefully about to buy one but there’s two lots of Geo tables on the ‘net. One days the Large (18.7 ST) is 23.5″ TT, the other 24.5″ TT

Which is right, or what size for a 5’11 & 3/4 bloke 34″ inseam? Surely not the 17″ medium?

2POC

All i know is that ‘dales size up big compared to most

toxicsoks
    Free Member

I’m on a Large SL1 and it’s absolutely spot on, for me, bearing in mind that I’m 6’2″, 34″ inseam and have simian arms. Shame your “Northern” visa has expired or you could have tried it for size. 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member
    Hopefully about to buy one but there’s two lots of Geo tables on the ‘net

Is either on the Cannondale site?

toxicsoks
    Free Member

*comes back in from mancave* Just measured my TT and it’s 24.5″.

drslow
    Free Member

I just bought one, great bike. Im 6ft and large is perfect.

Kryton57

Both are cynic-al. For the baby blue 2012/13 – 24.5, for the black 2014 it’s 23.5. Not sure when it changed, but the one I’m looking at is 2013 black. I’ve asked the seller to measure, guess I’ll have to wait for the reply.

Unless it’s a mistake on the website because the virtual TT is listed as the same measurement.

benji
    Free Member

I had one, similar sizing to yourself and I went Large, fitted nicely.

larrydavid
    Free Member

Kryton, I’ve got a large one of these: http://www.cannondale.com/gbr/2013/bikes/mountain/hardtail-29er/f-series-29er/f29-1 (click on the geometry table – Effective TT 24.5 inches, actual is 23.5)

For reference:

I’m 5ft 10.5 in bare feet. That’s an actual height on measured on proper NHS calibrated kit – for what it’s worth, most people (including myself) overestimate their height by an inch or so (Source: we were working and training with this kit on an MRC project)

According to the Competitive Cyclist web fit thing I should be on a bike with a 24″ ETT.

I agnonised between the large and the medium for a while. It seemed as though I was a bit ‘in between’ sizes. On the Medium I had a lot of seat out the frame, and although it was a 29er it felt very ‘flighty’ (sort of perched feeling) and I felt a little cramped and too upright.

I went for the large in the end – I’m right at the bottom of the height range for that size frame I imagine – still got a decent amount of post and ok standover, but I feel nicely balanced ‘between the wheels’ (much more so than on the medium, and any other bike I’ve ridden for that matter). In addition, mine came with a long 115mm stem, and I’ve not felt any need to change it – contra to what everyone else is doing!

I would guess the Large would be right for you, unless you like it be dead upright etc.

jules.b
    Free Member

I’m on the medium at 5’8″. I’ve long arms and the reach is spot on, plus there is a good 6″ of seatpost out of the frame…go large!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘'dale Trail SL SS 29er sizing – anyone?’ is closed to new replies.