Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 'dale Lefty wheel removal/placement??
  • scruzer
    Free Member

As the axle is one piece with the Lefty fork I assume then the wheel ‘slides on’ from the side as opposed to ‘drops in’, as per drop out on a two legged fork, So how does the wheel / disc rotor sit in the brake calliper? Might be a duff question but not yet worked it out? Ta

everyone
    Free Member

The caliper mount is IS so you have to slide it off to remove the wheel.

scruzer
    Free Member

ah I came to that conclusion but seems a faff. Shame Cannondale don’t show that on their web when saying how fab the fork is. Still impressed though. Not be the quickest wheel change then? Thanks

timbur
    Free Member

Quick puncture repair though.

scruzer
    Free Member

oh yeah. not thought of that. Interesting…

wobbliscott
    Free Member

It really isn’t a faff. One of the IS holes is slotted (or was on mine) so I just loosened the bolts, swung it out of the way and nipped up the bolt it rotated around so I didn’t have a loose brake calliper hanging around. Quicker than unscrewing a normal axel, and certainly quicker to put back on as you don’t have to line the disc up with the calliper, you just put the wheel on the axel, tighten it and swing the calliper back on the disc – it’s already lined up.

The only thing I was concerned with was over tightening the allen screw to attach the wheel to the axel as I can be a bit heavy when tightening things up. I never did as it happens and read on various forums about people who did and it’s an easy fix with a helicoil, so again, doesn’t appear to be a major problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘'dale Lefty wheel removal/placement??’ is closed to new replies.