Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Dalby world Cup course
  • sturmey
    Free Member

How much of the world cup course will be available to the public now after the event?

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

all of it i believe, its going to a official trail

MtbCol
    Free Member

All of the World Cup course will be merged into the current red and black trails.

showerman
    Free Member

including those big rocks

bonj
    Free Member

is this world cup course a completely new trail that was built specially for it, or was it open to the public before?

this is brilliant if the former, as it means there is yet more trail at dalby. with it only taking under 2 hours to get there could become a regular thing…
    went today and really enjoyed it, haven't really enjoyed it much before although today was first time with gravity dropper which imho completely transforms the experience.

igm

Some new, some old from what I could tell.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

killer course.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I've heard that it was considered by the competitors as a superb course, the majority loved it, I've been told. I believe it was very technical by XC WC course standards and that's what many of them want/like, apparently. Hopefully, Dalby will win a regular slot in the series, the people behind it appear to have done everything right.

ratadog

Local paper in Scarborough already running story that Dalby may have next 2 years in the bag, mind you they also say Thatcher to win landslide in election.

sheffield43
    Free Member

I thought the deal was they've got it for three years – to justify the cost of getting it ready. A lot of nice looking trail seems to have been added for it which has to be a good thing.

MtbCol
    Free Member

There's new stuff, such as the boardwalk sections, Adderstone complex and Medusas drop complex (which have been cheekily ridden since waaaay before last years British Mountain Bike Series test round)and the rest is existing red and black trails.

I understood the deal was for 3 years, but the UCI Technical Director was commenting on bidding for the rounds up to 2012 on the Freecaster coverage…?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I took a pdf file of the Dalby WC1 course map, if anyone wants a copy?

Colin, do you know whether the world cup course will become an alternative route or just incorporated into the existing?

MtbCol
    Free Member

They're just going to merge it in with the existing to give options for riders as they ride the red/black routes.

joolzed
    Free Member

They have funding for 3 years but they have to bid to hold a World Cup every year. The UCI decide. Dates going in next week, so fingers crossed…

gnasher
    Free Member

is it already open for public use?

MtbCol
    Free Member

Everything reopens from tomorrow I think, to allow all the field to be cleaned and infrastructure time to clear up any odds and ends.

This weekend will be stupidly busy on the trails!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Dalby world Cup course’ is closed to new replies.