Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • dalby v hamsterly
  • andy9678
    Free Member

Looking to hit the trails monday ive done dalby plenty of times but thinking of somewhere diffrent whats hamsterley like

P20

I’m not that keen on Dalby, I find it a slog. Hamsterley is shorter, more fun

butcher

Hamsterley’s decent. Haven’t been for a little while, so don’t know what conditions are like, but Transmission, Accelerator and Nitrous are good fun on the red route. Some decent black stuff, if you’re into that thing. And plenty of off-piste if you have a bit of local knowledge. And a bit of local knowledge is a good thing – a lot of the red route is fireroads, so good to know the options. I’ll leave that to someone else, as I’m not expert on the place.

muddy247
    Free Member

Lots of black sections at Hamsterley are closed due to forestry work-

martinhutch

I would favour Hamsterley, but without doing the entire red, as the far end of that is a very boring slog mainly on fire road.

Cherry pick the best bits of the red and black, and it’s a very good ride.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

If you Google Hamsterley red black, someone’s mapped out a combined route. I normally prefer Hamsterley but Dalby is ok, although it does end up being more of an endurance test (or it does for me) I’m off there this afternoon.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Is there a shorter route around Dalby that takes in all of the good stuff? Don’t worry – I’ll do two laps!

Hobster
    Free Member

If I’m a bit short of time I tend to do Low Dalby to Dixons Hollow then cut across to join up with the red again at post 25 back to Low Dalby.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘dalby v hamsterly’ is closed to new replies.