Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dalby forest..Compulsory Helmet question…
  • jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Off to Dalby soon with a few mates & is it Compulsory to wear a helmet on/in here please ??

Common sense is to wear one i know….I will but whats a nice cool one to choose from too.???

MtbCol
    Free Member

It's not compulsory to wear one, but I always do for peace of mind, as it's quite rocky and headbutting a tree if you go wrong in certain areas is possible.

Anyhoo, let's not start the great helmet debate again…..

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

i agree pal
    Just that a mate said you woudnt be allowed to ride without one so i thought id get one anyway to be safe . 😆

MtbCol
    Free Member

I see lots of people riding without helmets in the forest. The only area that's tight on helmet wearing is Dixons Hollow, but out on the trails it seems to be rider choice. What can FE do anyway? Sit a Ranger on every trail start/intersection with a fireroad? They can ask you to wear one, but then that covers their back in court if you don't and smash your head open on a rock and try to sue them.

flyinbrian
    Free Member

i once took a group of lads out, one with no helmet, he was the one that fell off and ended up with 10 staples in his head and ruined my race shirt stemming the flow of blood till the ambulance arrived. moral of the story is he bought one after the crash!! your choice but remember its your mates who have to deal with the blood pouring from your head.!!!!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dalby forest..Compulsory Helmet question…’ is closed to new replies.