Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dalby Forest
  • moose2008
    Free Member

Hi

What is a good time to complete the Dalby Forest red route?
    Myself and a friend completed it last night ( night ride ) on fully rigid single speeds in 2 and a half hours. Is this any good? we weren’t racing and were talking on the way around etc. so could have done a bit quicker, but only maybe 10 minutes.
    What times do you guys do, on what bikes and what level do you consider yourself?

bighendo
    Free Member

nah you missed half

simonralli2
    Free Member

Have you thought about entering for the Olympics or world cup XC with that time?

moose2008
    Free Member

I’m flattered at your disbelief but have ridden there enough times to know that I haven’t missed any. On my mates GPS it says that we did the twenty odd miles that are stated. What times do you think it should be done in? I’m either fitter than I thought or I’m missing something and making myself look like a ****.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Garmin file
    1hr 58 geared ht as above 😀
    2hours rigid.
    29er yet to be tested but confident it will come down.
    Think the pro riders will knock 1hr 30 ish out of it.
    Good time though and did you say single speed?

moose2008
    Free Member

Yes 29er single speed rigid front and back. Glad someones beat me, thought I’d got it wrong, though I was pretty certain I hadn’t. I’ll have to give it a bash in the summer on my full susser with all the gears and see how much I can knock off, don’t reckon it’ll be that much though. Is that really what pros would do it in, just goes to show there’s good, those who think they’re good and those who are brilliant.

willsimmons
    Free Member

Since this in an open invitation for willy waving…… I’ve been round the full red loop in 1h42 (got the GPS file somewhere). For extra man-points the tyre bead gave way in my car on the way there so I had to zip tie the tyre on (too tight to buy another at the shop) for the ride, which was interesting around some of the corners with a wheel that wasn’t round, more egg shaped.

On that basis I would expect 1h30 mins or under is achievable for the better pros, although when you’re giving it some you encounter a lot of traffic so maybe the trail would need to be closed.

willsimmons
    Free Member

I should add that the time is irrelevant really, as long as you’re having fun. I definitely found the trail more fun when I felt like I was going some though, it comes alive a bit more. Miss being able to ride it.

moose2008
    Free Member

I wasn’t willy waving I didn’t know how big mine was, I’m starting to feel a little insecure now though. I do feel sorry for the ones who didn’t believe methough, theres must be proper small. All in jest.
    Would a penis enlarger make me go round quicker?

nedoverendsmole
    Free Member

usually too bored to complete the full red route

nosemineb
    Free Member

The red is great but like Will says you need to be shifting. Then it gets pretty good. There are a few dull places on the long fire roads which are dull whatever.
    I have mates who have raced each other round sub 1.45. Think its harder to get the pace right on your own, maybe drafting on the fire roads will help to.
    If you get there to ride for half 7ish on a wkend you pretty much have the place to yourself.
    Good time Will.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

3 hours 35 is my best, I am however a fat old git.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dalby Forest’ is closed to new replies.