• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by igm.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dalby crash
  • pacemaker
    Free Member
    ross980
    Free Member

Nasty, must have been a bad one to get airlifted out. Hope he gets well soon.

The last time I saw an ambulance in Dalby was when some guy in his 40s came a cropper at Dixon’s Hollow and was lying in state of semi-consciousness at the bottom of one of the table tops. He didn’t look like a ‘biker’ and sadly I think he probably misjudged how dangerous it can be (especially the ‘jumpy’ stuff) seen as he wasn’t wearing a helmet, was wearing jeans etc. and had a rather battered looking £200 Halfords special lying on the floor next to him…

(Note: I’m not meaning to sound like a bike snob, but merely pointing out that attempting some pretty serious jumps when totally unprepared and not wearing at least a helmet is madness – judging from where he lay he came off at the bottom of the first steep bit…)

snotrag

Hope everyones Ok.

I’ve seen the Air ambulance out there before. A Chap with a painful, but ultimately probably not too nasty break.

The situation was turned into a very amusing one as the paramedic said that one of his friends had to come with him.

That caused a VERY heated debate as to who was the best mate and was best suited to going along to help… nothing to do with a free ride in a helicopter!

Hope the chap today gets well soon.

MtbCol
    Free Member

Sadly, it’s not the first time, and it certainly won’t be the last either.

I’ve lost count of the broken collarbones, concussion and other assorted injuries I’ve witnessed, and that’s just on trailbuilding days near Dixons Hollow. And yes the majority of them are to put it politely, inexperienced and poorly equipped, and waaaay outside their comfort zone skillwise.

R.lepecha

ross980
    i was there when that was happening too, think i heard he had broke his wrist, knocked himself unconscious for a while and broken his nose.
    both times ive been to dalby theres been a crash needing an ambulance, we went in may this year too and some one crashed and got airlifted away,
    people trying things they cant do.

grantway
    Free Member

Sounds a bit like Swinley Forest for injuries and the call for the
    air Ambulance.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Sounds nasty. To balance things out, I’ve been to Dalby once, and saw no serious injuries and no ambulances.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The situation was turned into a very amusing one as the paramedic said that one of his friends had to come with him.

That caused a VERY heated debate as to who was the best mate and was best suited to going along to help… nothing to do with a free ride in a helicopter!

That might’ve been our last deputy governor! He got lifted out after coming a cropper at Dixons. Was he (not) riding a LaPierre?

Hope todays guy is ok though.

MtbCol
    Free Member

When? Midweek during term time? 😆

To be fair, that’s my favourite times, the trails are lovely and quiet and you can have a nice fun ride, much better than the weekend, as it seems like the whole of Lincolnshire has relocated up here!

igm

On Lapierres

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dalby crash’ is closed to new replies.