Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dalby Closure tomorrow
  • flyingmonkeycorps

Anyone know which bits / how much of the red is closed? And indeed why? FC website says parts of the red around Dixons are diverted due to a cycling event, just wondering what's going on and if it's worth the trip up!

MtbCol
    Free Member

Hmmm. Didn't know there was anythingplanned this weekend.
    Im about to load the car and head there now…

MtbCol
    Free Member

It's this.

http://www.tri247.com/event_6985.html

Looks like they'll be using the WC XC course mostly. 🙁

MtbCol
    Free Member

Well after today's ride, I'm of the opinion FE need to work on their bloody diversions!
    Looking at the map above, they could've diverted the red down Adderstone Hill to join up with Adderback climb that way, so that the unused sections of Adderback, Crosscliffe and Bickley could be used.
    But no!They had a diversion in place that took you along some crap rally damaged fireroads that brought you out at the bombhole section, nicely cutting off a large portion of the red route.

Muppets!

Oh and next week the British Red Cross are using the red for their sponsored ride, so don't expect to ride any of it! 👿

flyingmonkeycorps

Yeah they did lop off rather a lot didn't they, and a lot of the best bits too 🙁

MtbCol
    Free Member

The only saing grace was that I had loads of unspent energy for those last few Riggs and Dales which meant I ould ride them at silly stupid speeds. 😆

flyingmonkeycorps

Always a bonus… I'd forgotten how much fun the last bit through the woods before the VC is too 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dalby Closure tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.