Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dalbeattie Today with Pictures
  • forge197
    Free Member

Did a shortend Dalbeattie Red Loop Today, obligatory bike and post pictures….

Trails in good shape came back cleaner than expected, a few ice patches but nothing to bad, amazing to think what it was like last Sunday and on Wednesday……..

Some Bike related pictures involving a bike against posts near trails 🙂

To hot needed less layers before the climb up to the Stane!!

The worst bit of ice I saw today but didn't do the whole red loop, spoke to some fellow riders on a first ride of the year and there was a bit of ice near the terrible twins.

Dalbeattie in the sunshine, lovely

Good to get back out on the trails…………… 😀

will
    Free Member

That looks great! Love it around there, have to say, nice looking bike as well 😀

mandog

Chumba wumba

stugus
    Free Member

don't get me wrong, i really like the look of the bike. The colour is great and the build looks sweet, But the name is terrible, chumba? wtf?

yetiguy
    Free Member

I should have gone to Dalbeatie, went to Gisburn instead and it was unrideable.

Gonna watch the weather this week at dalbeatie and hopefully go next weekend

Thanks for the pics

forge197
    Free Member

stugus – fortunatley when I am on the trails and it does what it does best I am not really fussed by the brand name however bad or silly it maybe, be a sad day to over look at fantastic bike for the brand name 😉

Cheers Will

Yeti Guy it was better than I expected no worries on the pictures.

yetiguy
    Free Member

so why is dalbeatie so ice free, is it lower?

elaineanne
    Free Member

crikey where has the snow gone ??? i live in 'singletrack' area (sunny Tod)and went high on the fells and got stook in snow drifts and had to push my bike in deep snow (up to my knees) (it wasnt even snowing)…crikey i became a reight guru today.. had to push my bike half of the ride !!! grrrrrrr….not impressed…the bike just sank in the snow…tried to keep the momentum going but too much sinking going on ,,,lol.. im only 4ft 11 inches ..i could have sank and never to be seen agin.. (oooh) lol..

forge197
    Free Member

yeti guy – The thaw has been fast and it's been warm relative to the time of year for three days, it is lower than Whinlatter for example so that must help.

si-wilson
    Free Member

forge, how you getting on with 160 up front on the XCL?

forge197
    Free Member

si – the Lyrik's work well with the XCL, I think a good fork and shock set up is one that you ride, enjoy and don't think about, should be transparent, that sums up the current suspension package on the XCL. On the forks sometimes if I know there is a long climb I might wind them down to 130mm but most of the time just leave it at 160mm.

First time out today with the CCDB it's early days but basically was blown away with how that feels for sure. Need to get a few more trails under my belt but initial indications are that it's a damn fine piece of engineering that makes a marked difference more on that in a few weeks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dalbeattie Today with Pictures’ is closed to new replies.