• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by br.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dalbeattie cafe
  • br
    Free Member

Anyone know if the Forest Tea Room next to the main Dalbeattie car park is still open (or indeed open on Saturday)?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Looked to be open the other weekend although we chose to go to Mabie for food only to discover the cafe there is long gone. Doh.

dmorts

Looked to be open the other weekend although we chose to go to Mabie for food only to discover the cafe there is long gone. Doh.

The Mabie Hotel seems happy to cater for bikers

Gary_M
    Free Member

It was open when I passed last weekend, well the sign on the road said it was, but then again I’ve never passed by and the sign hasn’t been there and stay in the area most weekends. There’s also the cafe at Colvend, it’s not directly off the waymarked trails but it’s a nice wee cycle along the side of white loch.

edit: there’s also the cafe at barnbarroch, at the golf club. Seats out side too. It’s less than a minutes ride from the forest and can be accessed from the fire road that runs parallel to the blue route – there’s a green metal gate where the wooden sign for dalbeattie/colvend is, down the wee track takes you onto the main road.

double edit Having said that I’d much rather go to Kippford for a pint of criffel at the anchor, the £10 sharing platter is also amazing.

Trekster
    br
    Free Member

Ta all, we’ll try it at the weekend.

br
    Free Member

Brambles was good, in fact we did Mabie first so stopped at the cafe before we rode Dalbeattie. And then went back for cake and coffee 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dalbeattie cafe’ is closed to new replies.