Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dakine Nomad hydration pack
  • toxicsoks
    Free Member

Looking for a replacement for my tatty and very old CB Mule. These are on offer @ Stif – look like a bargain. Any good?

momentum
    Free Member

I've got one and like it. The bladder that comes with them is very good, the bag is solidly built (it's one of their "freeride" packs, so a bit heavier duty. Fine for normal riding but not for weight weenies) has pockets in the right places and holds enough stuff for a long day out. Does the job basically and gets good reviews.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Ta. *prises credit card from wallet*

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Decent bit of kit (had mine best part of 4 years, although it's now on its last legs). Big weakness is the zips which i've had to have repaired a few times.

MrAgreeable

Zips on mine have gone too after repeated over-stuffing, but apart from that it's a decent bit of kit. They're a bit bigger than a Mule mind – if you want something less obtrusive that can still hold a decent amount of kit, have a look at the Session.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

I have one that is maybe 4 or 5 years old, still going strong although the original bladder gave up long ago.

Zips are fine on mine, apart from the one on the sunglasses pouch at the top, which is knackered. That happened when I came off and skidded down the trail on it though so cant really complain 🙂

fozzybear
    Free Member

i've been though countless backpacks from mule's to blowfish.
    my apex rocks. loads of storage, waterproof pockets, nicely made and tough packs.. only issue is get the newer bladder the older ones had a tendency to leak, look for the new sliding to seal bladder for the best one.

Shack
    Free Member

Had mine a couple of years now, use it on the daily commute and most weekends. Best pack I've had and very comfy on long hauls. Picked mine up from the States (Chainlove) for $35 when the exchange rate was good. Absolute bargain!

Jamie
    Free Member

Had my Nomad for a year or so now. Its one of the best biking related purchases i have made.

markgraylish
    Free Member

Assuming it's size is what you need, the pack itself is great.

I'm not impressed with the over-complicated bladder though as the swiveling 90 degree exit joint constantly leaks. I think they've done away with the "swiveling" on the latest bladders…

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

I dunno if the current ones are the same but the original bladder that came with mine had a detachable tube so you could remove the bladder from the pack without unthreading the tube through the straps etc.

Quite a good feature but yes it did have a tendency to partially unclip itself and leak.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Bargaintastic, methinks.
    Ordered the Apex – always carry too much stuff, just in case, like. You never know when you'll need that headset press out on them trails! 😕

Coasting
    Free Member

Nice pack but the badders crap.They leak around the fancy swizzling join thats attachs the hose to the bladder

Bregante

Nice pack but the badders crap.They leak around the fancy swizzling join thats attachs the hose to the bladder

best bladders there are imho

Bregante

best bladders there are imho

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dakine Nomad hydration pack’ is closed to new replies.