Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Dakar time again
  • Pigface
    Free Member

D-2 woohoo love a bit of Dakar

Davesport

What channel’s this being shown on ?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Eurosplat 1, normally 10pm..

singlespeedstu

Best event of the year with the shitest coverage.

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ yup, I’ll agree with that statement.

cchris2lou

Used to love the Dakar .

Used to watch them when they crossed France . One year the farmers blocked the roads a few kilometers past my house and the Peugeot of vatanen stopped right in front of us .

cozz
    Free Member

can t see it listed on eurosport ?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Great event. Always had on my wishlist the “banger” version from Holland. Staples to Naples on steriods.

One year the farmers blocked the roads a few kilometers past my house

That’s France for you 😉 the most important word to know as a visitor is “greve”

cchris2lou

it was very peaceful . they gave Roquefort to all the racers .

bikebouy
    Free Member
    totalshell

a pale shadow of the vent sabine et al dominated over.. now only a fortnight long when three weeks was the norm.. proper bivouacs replaced by nights out in beach resorts and the tv coverage is poooooooooor. better fun watching the baja 500/1000 and the score races online..

singlespeedstu

a pale shadow of the vent sabine et al dominated over.. now only a fortnight long when three weeks was the norm.. proper bivouacs replaced by nights out in beach resorts and the tv coverage is poooooooooor. better fun watching the baja 500/1000 and the score races online..

I’m quite happy that the chances of any more of my mates dying are greatly reduced with the new format.

cchris2lou

a friend did the amateur version of the Dakar in the 90s , took place a few weeks after the pro . not timed .

he said it was really tough , he was on a motorbike . had to carry a lot of cash to pay for petrol , get out of jail , pay off offcials etc..

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^ halcyon days chris, obviously stu not so much

Pigface
    Free Member

Toby Price really quick yesterday, Loeb looking good, Peterhamsel lost a chunk of time.

legend
    Free Member

Not impressed that there’s more race footage and info in the 4mins Dakar videos than in the 15mins Red Bull TV shows. At least the look around the 3008 was nice

The 3008 even has air con now, would never have happened in the good ol’ days!!

Pigface
    Free Member

Things change quickly Price had a mare

Pigface
    Free Member

Price now out, broken leg, will another KTM rider step up ?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Dakar time again’ is closed to new replies.