• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by beb.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • DAK if Elixer calipers can be used with Juicy master-cylinder/lever?
  • br
    Free Member

While I like the feel and weight of my modded Juicy 7's I really hate having to replace pads, especially in the field…

Has anyone tranplanted the newer Elixer calipers onto Juicy 7 master-cylinder/lever?

beb

i think so, someone was selling some on the classifieds yesterday which were OE on a speccy I think.

If it were me I'd just buy a full set of elixir's (and sell your juicies) as i think its the elixir lever that gives them the improvements over juicies (in terms of better modulation)…?

glenh
    Free Member

If both caliper and lever are both a) the same system type (open/closed) and b) use the same fluid type (DOT/mineral oil), then they will generally work.

Some combinations will work better than others of course, due to different cylinder ratios.

br
    Free Member

Thanks, and I guess a supplementary question is having looked at the Elixer brakes on the SRAM site, is there any difference between the calipers on the various Elixer models?

beb

soz don't know for sure. cheaper juicies (3's) don't have rotating hose banjo's whereas the more expensive versions do so might be worth checking that out. In terms of the basic design piston size / hydraulics etc I'd bet 50p there no difference.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘DAK if Elixer calipers can be used with Juicy master-cylinder/lever?’ is closed to new replies.