Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Daily mindfulness or meditation?
  • djambo
    Free Member

Download the “headspace” app, grab some headphones and head for trap 1 for 10 mins…Job done!

Just go easy on the deep breathing in there….otherwise you’ll get some odd looks when you come out!

woody74

+ 1 for the Headspace app. Find it really good and some of the animations are great for making sense / explaining things. My wife and I do it together and this makes a big difference having a support and someone to bounce ideas off. Most of these things are based on the same techniques but just done in a slightly different way. It is just finding the one that suits you. A bit like getting fit, there are loads of way but ultimately it is exercising your heart , lungs and muscles.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Audible from Amazon has a free trial. You can download a podcast for free. I downloaded a guided meditation by Bodhipaksa a while back which I really liked. I think audio stuff is hit n miss – it’ll depend if you like the voice/style. Hence a free trial is useful. Meditation/timeout etc is a big part of a healthy lifestyle – but very hard to get into a routine of – I struggle to.

SaxonRider

‘Serenity Now’ is supposed to be very effective.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow_9MglZrhs[/video]

chewkw
    Free Member

10-15 mins meditation should be fine.

If you do more you need a Master Yoda to guide you in case you go crazy.

brooess
    Free Member

+1 for Jon Kabat-Zinn. It can take a while to get to what he’s on about – but that change in mindset is the benefit

Wherever You Go, There You Are

Also +1 for yoga.

These things are centuries old. They’re not just new fads. They’re popular right now because a lot of people are feeling like life is hard. This stuff has longevity which to me, at least, suggests there’s something in it.

Give it a go and see if it works for you?

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Daily mindfulness or meditation?’ is closed to new replies.