Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Daily Mash smashes it again!
  • derek_starship
    Free Member
    iolo
    Free Member

I don’t get it

llama

think I’ve been there

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The Daily Mash

Nowhere near as funny as it likes to think.

peterfile
    Free Member

I don’t get it

Some people like to go to a pub to get pissed as cheaply as possible and don’t really care about much else.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Funniest thing I’ve ever read.

thepurist

The Daily Mash

Nowhere near as funny as it likes to think.

Yep.

njee20
    Free Member

Follows on from the Daily Mash thread a couple of weeks ago, just not funny IMO.

derek_starship
    Free Member

It’s a poke at the story about PoundPub opening in Stockton-on-Tees. A pint of lager costs £1.50.

njee20 – why open a thread about the Daily Mash when you told yourself two weeks ago that it’s just not funny?

Do you have cucumber sandwiches despite hating the taste of cucumber?

binners

Brilliant!

In a case of life imitating art etc… I think Weatherspoons in Piccadilly may have actually beaten them to it 😀

Northwind

I used to work in a nightclub that sold tequila for 20p a shot, it was quite a lot like the article.

njee20
    Free Member

njee20 – why open a thread about the Daily Mash when you told yourself two weeks ago that it’s just not funny?

Because a lot of people rave about it, so like so many things I think “I’ll give it another go, if this is as exceptional as implied”. But you’re right, I shouldn’t have bothered.

GrahamS

It’s a poke at the story about PoundPub opening in Stockton-on-Tees. A pint of lager costs £1.50.

this is the key thing with most Daily Mash articles – they are direct parodies of current news stories.

So if you aren’t aware of the current news then they make much less sense.

brakes
    Free Member

Klute in Durham city was doing this 15-20 years ago, and I expect probably still is.

ninfan
    Free Member

Well, its good, but its still no eyeball staring up at you from the urinal!

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/deep-inside-the-chain-pub-piss-dungeon

Though I remember taking some of our French staff to a pub in Scarborough that had a metal turnstile on the door and served everything in plastic glasses – the look of horror on their faces 😆 let alone later when they saw lasses vomming and swamping in the gutter 8)

AlexSimon

nooooooo ninfan – cannot unsee.

What would possess someone to want to get weed on by pub dwellers!?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Quite amusing as usual
    DD is right it is not as funny as it thinks but it often makes a very good point via taking the piss [ not in the sense mentioned above]

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Daily Mash smashes it again!’ is closed to new replies.