Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Daily Mash gone alittle too far on this one?!
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

“They kill Jesus and then invent both communism and Lesley Joseph and everyone loves them. We ignore the odd holocaust, molest the odd child and all of a sudden we’re the bad guys. I’m **** sick of it.”

Nah. The pope can take it. 🙂

kimbers

well it does a good job of offending christians and jews so i guess thats fair

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I heard Ratzinger on the radio the other morning and he sounded exactly like Nosferatu the Vampire 🙁 Perhaps he has special gloves for handling crucifixes ?

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am a great fan of the Mash, and reckon it is consistently pretty funny. However, it is chiefly funny because it uses a giant sledge-hammer of over-wrought offensiveness on almost any subject. You laugh, in large part because the line is always waaay back behind you. 🙂

While it consistently vilifies religion, the jokes I find myself most queasy laughing at are the relentlessly misogynistic ones. But not queasy enough either to stop laughing or reading, clearly.

darrell
    Free Member

i preferred the “Rubberduckzilla” advert underneath

higgo
    Free Member

and he sounded exactly like Nosferatu the Vampire

It was silent, wasn’t it?

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Nope. it hasn’t gone too far.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I thought Mash was hilarious the first time I saw a link to it posted. Now I rarely bother clicking as it’s all really rather predictable and a bit samey.

Gone too far this time ? Well I guess that as the joke start to wear a bit thin, getting more laughs requires going more and more ‘over the top’. Therefore I expect them to carry on pushing the line further away. So no.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

I love it. That story in particular is hilarious.

surfer
    Free Member

Not in my opinion. Fair game.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Nope, not if you are atheist cynic with a healthy disrespect for all religions.

markenduro
    Free Member

No. I don’t think there is anything that should be off limits for humour. The beauty of offending christians is that they have to forgive you because that is what the made up story they believe in tells them to do.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Daily Mash gone alittle too far on this one?!’ is closed to new replies.