Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Daily Mail correction (with no link)
  • wwaswas

No idea what the substance of the original story was but there can’t be much left of it after this;

kimbers

Im looking forward to the new royal charter and the press having to post a retraction of equal prominence to the original story

so headlines would now read have to read’ Chris Jeffereies did not murder joanna yates and we are all arseholes!’

maccruiskeen

Pigface
    Free Member

Why are they still going after Brown? such a hatefull rag.

maccruiskeen

Im looking forward to the new royal charter and the press having to post a retraction of equal prominence to the original story

The thing is – as well as publish the minimum of correction what the daily mail does is it also deletes the original story – so while this correction now exists the story that it corrects has now vanished

kimbers

The media assassination of Brown was probably the most viscous and concerted attack on any politician I can think of!

jobless
    Free Member

The thing is – as well as publish the minimum of correction what the daily mail does is it also deletes the original story – so while this correction now exists the story that it corrects has now vanished

isn’t that a bit ‘brave new world’? Funny* how alarmingly accurate both George Orwell and Aldous Huxley actually were.

*not in a good way

wwaswas

For balance sometimes newspapers report the important stuff;

verses

I liked this one from last week…

edlong
    Free Member

The media assassination of Brown was probably the most viscous and concerted attack on any politician I can think of!

tbf, he’s done himself no favours continuing to draw his MP’s salary while hardly ever attending parliament, and referring to himself last week as an “ex-politician”.

gonefishin
    Free Member

That may be true, however he has given up his ex-PM pension and gives all the money he makes from speaches etc to charity so it seems a bit harsh to attack him for keeping the MP salary bit.

maccruiskeen

and referring to himself last week as an “ex-politician”.

Most MPs aren’t politicians – so he’s correct in that respect. An MP’s role to represent their constituency. A politician – someone who seeks to influence policy – is something else.

igm

Is anyone else starting to think Brown was a better bet than the self serving toads we have at the moment?

Go on Jamie, Photoshop someone, say Gove, Osbourne or the like, as a toad. Or is that just too easy?

warton
    Free Member

Is anyone else starting to think Brown was a better bet than the self serving toads we have at the moment?

I’m with Russell Brand on this. He was a liar, serving multinationals, rather then the electorate who wore a different colour tie

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Daily Mail correction (with no link)’ is closed to new replies.