Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Daily Mail
  • bullheart
    Free Member

Difficult to put into words how much this rag makes my blood run cold;

http://www.themediablog.co.uk/the-media-blog/2013/01/daily-mail-turns-the-creepiness-up-a-notch.html

They asked for an interview about my illness once. I was fairly explicit as to why it wasn’t going to happen…

Jamie
    Free Member

Sorry to be that guy, but this was covered seven months ago.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/daily-mail-sexualising-an-8-year-old

To be honest, I am more interested in what happened when they contacted you 8)

bencooper
    Free Member

I’ve been in the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2141026/Photographer-takes-pictures-tallest-structures.html

Not naked, though – they don’t know about those pictures.

They are a distasteful bunch – it’d be fun to set up a Kickstarter campaign to pay paparazzi for pictures of DM journalists and editors in embarrassing situations.

SaxonRider

I missed it originally, Bullheart, so thatks for that; but the link you posted does a good job of exposing the Mail for what it is.

As for what Jamie said, I have to admit to being with him on the second point. 😉

camo16
    Free Member

I clicked on that link of bencooper’s just for the STW ‘NO DAILY MAIL’ announcement. One of this site’s best features, no doubt.

DezB
    Free Member

Surely it’s “what their readers want” ?

SaxonRider

I thoroughly enjoyed (and agreed with) the NO DAILY MAIL announcement. I hadn’t seen it before.

BUT…

I also think that Stephen Fry is smug. Does that make me a bad person?

bencooper
    Free Member

Maybe he just suffers from Smug Resting Face.

bullheart
    Free Member

Sorry to be that guy, but this was covered seven months ago.

Bah! You’re always that guy….

I’ve been away, and had missed this.

And the swear filter and subsequent banhammer frenzy that would follow prevents my disclosure of the conversation… 😉

10pmix
    Free Member

I was also in the Daily Mail last year. The stuff they wrote wasn’t quite how I remember saying it. Funny that….

andypaul99
    Free Member

Very depressing newspaper, if you combine reading it with listening to 5 live is the ultimate sadness in my opinion

maccruiskeen

They are a distasteful bunch – it’d be fun to set up a Kickstarter campaign to pay paparazzi for pictures of DM journalists and editors in embarrassing situations.

When the press are taking those photos they shout sexual slurs, call people sluts, shout out made up accusations that their partners are having affairs – anything to get people to look towards the camera. I’m all for the kick-starter campaign but lets not waste money on people with cameras – who wants to see the pictures, lets just spend the money on having teams of people shouting sexual slurs at the mothers, wives and daughters of Daily Mail staff whenever they step out of the house.

Surely it’s “what their readers want” ?

People get the press they deserve perhaps

Coyote
    Free Member

5 Live Breakfast show gets more like Kent Brockman with every day that passes!

loddrik
    Free Member

I love their app, great pics, it’s the only news app I have on my phone. My political and moral views are about as far removed from their views as its possible to be but I’m strong minded enough to not let their moral stance infect mine.

maccruiskeen

My political and moral views are about as far removed from their views as its possible to be but I’m strong minded enough to not let their moral stance infect mine.

bookmarks post and makes mental note to make reference to it in future debates 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Daily Mail’ is closed to new replies.