Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • daftest way you have put your back out ?
  • haggis1978

chasing the cat down the stairs 😆

Sandwich

Turning the corner from the corridor onto the platform at Moorgate two years ago. 6 weeks of my right calf being in constant spasm, little sleep and much osteopathy to relieve things. That only went when I had a nerve block carried out on my spine.

Reaching down to turn the bath taps on, I got nowhere near them.

I had to have a home visit as there was no way I was going anywhere. Unfortunately for me the Doctor arrived while my wife was out leaving me torn between the certain agony of getting to the door and the sheer panic that the Doctor would go away again before I could get there.

5AM
    Free Member

So does anyone ride with any sort of back protection?

I'm very concerned after having had the surgery about ending up with another problem.
    I've been considering the 661 core saver, as I'd far rather have people looking at me thinking I'm over protected than end up in agony again. Does anyone have any experience with this or similiar products, and is it going to be worth it?

timraven

Bending over to wash my face while shaving usually finishes me off.

Just off to stretch now, having moved about 30 casks ready for my beer festival on Friday. The things I do for beer 🙄

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Have suffered from back pain since a mis(s)adventure many years back. So any thing, moving too much / too little can have me hobbling. However, on one such occasion, was bullied onto a waltzer, despite my protests and better judgement, when suddenly mid-swing,there was slight pop and my back was fine for years.

ex-pat
    Free Member

Fantastic thread – I've had a 'trick' back for ages so getting a kick from this.

1st – playing darts in a pub at uni. Had to be helped out of pub and driven home. Was a back spasm, took a week to calm down.

2nd – Travelling home on a train, lay down on three seats to sleep off a hangover, you know with the ridges (not armrests) between them. Anyway, got to stop and nearly died trying to get off seats and had to roll off and go via all fours. **** nightmare.

3rd – avoiding 3 year old as I came into house with an arm full of logs. "Daddy I need to pee" type comments. Didn't feel too bad until the next morning when I couldn't move, couldn't even sit up in bed it hurt so much.

Currently seeing chiro, as apparently right leg is about an inch shorter than the other (they do both reach the ground however?!) – result of twisted hips which is my particular issue.
    Thankfully cycling helps to a degree so try and get out a bit…

IainAhh
    Free Member

Chipping ice off am upright freezer.
    I was lying on the floor in the kitchen laughing it hurt a lot.
    And I had to sleep downstairs for 3 days as I couldn't nake it up the stairs. Of course I managed to crawl to the tv remote.

xcgb
    Free Member

I was having a poo!

Good job physio was a friend of mine!

FuzzyWuzzy

I hit a tree whilst on the MTB trying to flick out a fly that got inside my glasses, my back's still not right two months later 🙁

yoshimi

Lifting my bike into the back of the pick-up 😥

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Back in the Army I was on top of a 432 APC sorting out some cables when my crewman jumped in the vehicle and pulled forward, I fell off backwards and landed with my rifle slung over my lower spine doing all sorts of damage. That was an owie.

Splash-man
    Free Member

My last time was last month. I was trying to show my son and his mates what a 'manual' was.
    I borrowed one of the kids BMX to demo………never been on a BMX before….
    Anyway ended up falling off the back or it in a heap on the floor – they laughed and I cried 😉

I'm just off to the hospital now to have an operation on the prolapsed disc I caused, exactly 2 years since the the last operation caused by a similar exploit 🙁

One day I might learn, but until then….

philconsequence
    Free Member

ankalysing spondiddlyitis…. i wear 661 upper body armour if i'm doing anything that might involve single track, i dont care if people look at me and chuckle at my over-kill armour… i'd like to avoid the wheelchair for as long as possible 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

did my back in 10 years ago attempting a jump on a mates bmx. i did the jump a few times on my bike, landing into a manual and sefely rolling away, but on the bmx when i tried this the bike just rolled out from under me leaving me to land very hard on my arse. it jarred my spine, compressing 3 lumbar vertebrae (L3-L5). nine months of treatment on a traction machine and other forms of physio seemed to solve the problem but it would always flare up now and again. then 2 years ago when i was moving some furniture i sneezed and it went again, leanving me off work for 2 weeks, and unable to ride my bike for 2 months. although when it first happened i was still able to ride the bike but struggled to walk.
    now its happened again last week when i hoisted my little lad onto my shoulders whilst out shopping. the pain now comes and goes in varying degrees of discomfort and pain.
    i hate my back injury problem…i wish i could say its a pain in the arse but its just a bit further up!!!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Have tweaked it in a variety of diffferent ways in bike stacks, but the campest one was the first one.

12 years old, biology lesson, clearing up after an experiment – was crouched down putting stuff in a cupboard. Looked round to get the next bit and couldn't turn my head back. Had to walk down to a&e sideways.

iainc

some belters in there !

back to my OP – well the frozen chicken got eaten last night, I saw my friendly osteopath this morning and he got a few big crunches out of my back, and my wife is feeling very guilty 😆

the pain is beginning to ease off so here's hoping I can get out on the bike on Sunday before all this nice weather goes away !!

brownie point bank should be full enough anyway 😛

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I've just done mine hovering the debris off my patio.

😥

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘daftest way you have put your back out ?’ is closed to new replies.