Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Daft Maxle Question
  • ourkidsam
    Free Member

With the wheel off the bike, do you put the Maxle back in the hub or the forks?

MtbCol
    Free Member

I put mine in the forks.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Are they meant slide right in or be a bit of a faff to get in and out? I've never used one before

nbt

I put mine in the forks. no faff at all – I find the maxle the easiest of all the various systems I've seen and used for attaching wheels to bikes

thejesmonddingo

+1 for nbt.
    Ian

jackthedog
    Free Member

Yes, put it back in the frame/forks or you'll only realise you've left it at home when you get the bike out of the car and try attatching your wheel.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Yeah, put it back in the forks. Or you'll end up driving back to the trail head in your dressing gown and slippers at midnight only to get stopped at a police checkpoint and have to explain in broken Spanish why you are half naked! 😳

If it's a faff to get in and out then you'll probably need to give it a wee service. It's simple, take apart, clean and grease.

slowrider
    Free Member

a bit of copper grease in the threads of the fork and lightly smeared the length of the axle works well. i like mine done up on the snug side for peace of minds sake and often find that backing the end nut off a turn or so helps the axle get through the hub.

Northwind

I put it in the forks as that way I can thread it in, no chance of it falling out and being left on the garage floor.

FuzzyWuzzy

I don't bother sticking it back in the forks but I guess if you drop it on the ground after taking it out it might be a useful memory aid, personally I shove my maxle in the boot of the car before even taking the wheel out.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

backing the end nut off a turn or so

has seemed to help, cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Daft Maxle Question’ is closed to new replies.