• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by daveh.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Daft customer service responses
  • convert

My current frustration – what’s yours?

I bought a headset from a popular online firm (with an missing celestial body referenced in the name*). Whilst installing (after having fitted the cups) I discovered the upper bearing was missing from the box. I emailed asking if they could post out the missing bearing. Got a prompt response saying please fill in the returns form, and return the headset and they would happily send me out a whole replacement headset. Emailed back saying any chance you could just send the missing part and keep the remainder to save wasting a whole headset and save me drifting the cups back out. Apparently not, now way – it’s extract the cups and return the whole headset and they’ll send me a complete totally new one or it’s no bearing. I appreciate that if they have to take the missing bearing out of a whole headset in stock, what’s left is not much good to them but still seems to be a waste of my time and their money(and mine I guess if I have to send the headset back – I could probably source the missing bearing online for the cost of posting the headset). Muppets!

*normally a supporter of these guys. Always been quirky, especially in the old days run on a shoestring, but they normally use common sense when dealing with problems that crop up.

Junkyard
    Free Member

that is daft

My favourite response was

“what you telling me for I only work here”

I replied with which one of your customers should I be discussing this with?

ampthill

Why not just name the company?

This what happens as you expand and develop systems isn’t it.

zippykona

I ordered a cup of tea whilst waiting for a train. It was £2.20. I had a total of £12 on me. A tenner and a £2 coin.
    I proffered the tenner and the lady said she didn’t have any change. I said I can give you £2. She said no, then poured the tea away.

Xylene
    Free Member

We stayed in a holiday house this winter – the living room door lock was broken with a key in it.

On the first night I called to arrange maintenance to come and fix it, I fancied a bit of air flow.

The lady who took us to the house and showed us around answered, from the agency, and when I told her about the door said the following

“Do you really want to open it?”

I remained silent at this and waited, after a few heartbeats, got “That was a stupid question, wasn’t it? We will be there tomorrow morning”

thegreatape
    Free Member

When McDonalds were doing 6 chicken nuggets for 99p, I asked the boy for 12 chicken nuggets.

‘Sorry mate, we only do 6, 9 or 20’

Ok, 6 chicken nuggets please.

‘No bother. Anything else?’

6 more chicken nuggets please.

…thinking…’Oh, I see’.

Retromud
    Free Member

From the other side, working in sky installer call centre in winter 2010. Calling customer to advise installation would not take place til next week due to adverse weather… “That’s not acceptable. What am I supposed to do all weekend then, I can’t go out anywhere as we’re snowed in”
    Yes mam, you may just have discovered the crux of the matter

poah
    Free Member

I ordered apple pie and custard and got told there were no clean spoons left. Rather than washing one they brought the pudding with a fork

neilwheel
    Free Member

OP – That’s what happens when people take the piss, not aimed at you by the way.
    Muppets use these kind of games to get spare parts for free.

SirHC

Monarch Shock has eaten itself shortly after being serviced, Fishers will only sell the damper assembly at an eye watering £170, rather than just the damper rod (which is the bit I need) at around £30.

Speshpaul

Sir HC Jtech A, might be able to help with the damper. B, has got some very Fox shocks in different flavours for £200-250.

Mine- Madison won’t warranty my MW81 winter boots that are falling apart because…….drum roll please…… we’ve had a wet winter!
    Try the fish, I’m here all week!

nealglover
    Free Member

OP – That’s what happens when people take the piss, not aimed at you by the way.
    Muppets use these kind of games to get spare parts for free.

Still works for free spares though.

Get headset, take out upper bearing, send back, get full headset in return.

Just a bit slower, but same result.

Junkyard
    Free Member

but one would assume a pain in the arse so less likely to do

Then again why only ask for one bearing and surely we would all check it was all there first ?
    Every headset I bought was together anyway so you needed to remove the bearing to install the cup

jota180
    Free Member

Cafe (on the A65, IIRC)

I present myself and debit card at the till to pay for my breakfast

“our systems are down, we can’t take payment by card”
    “oh, I don’t have any cash with me, what do you suggest?”
    “it has to be cash”
    “I don’t have any, perhaps I could pay on my way back through?
    “sorry, we don’t give credit”

I’m not normally lost for words but on this occasion, she had me beat.
    In the end she called someone who had a bit more sense.

myti
    Free Member

[/quote][quoteCafe (on the A65, IIRC)

I present myself and debit card at the till to pay for my breakfast

“our systems are down, we can’t take payment by card”
    “oh, I don’t have any cash with me, what do you suggest?”
    “it has to be cash”
    “I don’t have any, perhaps I could pay on my way back through?
    “sorry, we don’t give credit”

I’m not normally lost for words but on this occasion, she had me beat.
    In the end she called someone who had a bit more sense.

You could have offered to wash up?!

project
    Free Member

Worked in a large hospital,new female manager ordered 250 black bin bags for the department, they came in boxes of 250, she should have ordered one box.
    Following week 250 boxes of binbags where delivered from the new central stores 25 miles away, then a porter had to carry 250 boxes up 3 flights of stairs.

When she tried to get them taken back, told no theyve been issued and charged to your budget, so either use them or throw them away, pity they where all stampped NHS PROPERTY.But not if you turned them inside out.

Another manger her kettle had a dodgy foot, so she sent it to the electricians for a new foot to be fitted, they thought it was a wind up so sent in back minus all its other feet, she pluged it in and it melted to the worktop, in a brand new kitchen, strangely nobody saw the funny side only us workers.

daveh
    Free Member

Think I’d be buying another one, taking the missing bearing out then returning the ‘original’ for refund as opposed to replacement!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Daft customer service responses’ is closed to new replies.