Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Dadtrackworld The waiting Game
  • Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Anyone else playing the waiting game for a little one to arrive,

A week overdue now, 🙁

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Just go and sleep now, or your regret it next week. Don’t say we didn’t tell you. Good luck with the imminent arrival.

lovewookie

ahh, then the waiting game when they’re teenagers, waiting for them to come down from their BF’s bedroom whilst trying not to let on to BF’s parents that you want to skin him.

good luck btw.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Two weeks to go here to due date and definitely into the waiting game. Mrs Blobby is fed up and wanting it out. First one arrived on the due date, hoping this one will be early.

plodtv
    Free Member

Week to go, everyone saying the you’ll regret it out when it does.

chojin
    Free Member

Please. Sleep now.

Mine is one month old now, and *ahem* the cutest little thing in the world.

But my god I’ve never been so exhausted 🙂

bigG
    Free Member

Our latest addition to the family was nine days late, and labour took 12 hours. We were advised that as it was a second child it may well arrive early, it didn’t.

As above, sleep now. Make sure you have a billion nappies, several thousand changes of clothes for the baby, about a gagillion muslins and wipey up things and at least three bags of jelly babies, you’d be surprised how much better they make things.

Finally, good luck, don’t look down and do cut the cord when you’re asked to. I still get teary when I think of the birth of my two gorgeous daughters.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Mrs Wilko was 2 weeks overdue for both of ours and both times had massive babies. Those overdue weeks were some dark times 😉

There’s no point offering advice, there’s so much on the web already I’m sure you’ve both already read enough to last you a lifetime. It’s exhausting and frustrating, but amazing and the most magical thing that you can do with your lives. Good luck!

swedishmatt
    Free Member

It’s not too late to run. Your next year will be hell.

gazc
    Free Member

SLEEP!!!! 3 months in and our little un has slept through the night for the first time this weekend, first lie in on sunday morning for a while! 😀 top up on your riding/fitness cos that’ll likely be one of the first things to go… enjoy it btw having a baby is awesome! 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Please ignore all of the doom mongers above.

You can’t really ‘bank’ sleep, so ignore that. Then, your life will be improved like you wouldn’t believe! Good luck, and enjoy it!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Then, your life will be improved like you wouldn’t believe!

This is very true… after the first 6 months or so anyway 😉

woody2000

Planned c-sections FTW 🙂

No 3 is booked in for 1st April (yes, really), so it will arrive then or before. Good luck everyone!

globalti
    Free Member

It’s going to be the most emotional moment of your life so far. The first three weeks are tough, the next three months better and then things will settle down. Best advice I can give you: ROUTINE ROUTINE ROUTINE…. kids love it and it makes them better kids. And if you read to them every evening before bed, before you know it they’ll be little prodigies.

hot_fiat

Good Luck! It’s an awesome time. You will get impossibly tired, but you’ll cope. We’re nearly 5 months in – it just gets better and better.

stox
    Free Member

6 weeks to go so not quite there yet but still ready & waiting
    Good luck

mrblobby
    Free Member

Singlespeed_shep, still waiting?

akira

Due on the 22nd so bit overdue, in on Friday if nothing happens before. Twins last time so this should be a breeze!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Cheers all. Looking forward to it all really. Was fine waiting till the due date.

Singlespeed_shep, still waiting?

Yep still waiting.

Managed a couple of runs, and a couple of bike rides lapping the village. 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Dadtrackworld The waiting Game’ is closed to new replies.