Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dadtrackworld. Child seat and carbon frames.
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Morning all,

Talking to the Mrs yesterday and she’s on about family bike rides in the spring. My daughter will be 1 year old in May.

I’ve realised with a carbon hardtail it’s probably a no no clamping a baby seat bracket around the seat stay?

Are there any solutions for this or am I going to have to change my 26″ wheel whippet for a new aluminium 29er?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I bought a new alloy fatbike under the premise that it would be ideal for this

chilled76
    Free Member

Anyone got a 650b yeti arc frame (ali) for sale? They are best for fitting these aren’t they?

ferrals
    Free Member

What about a trailer? Guess that attaches to seat tube?

chilled76
    Free Member

Not ideal for our local canal path loops really

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve heard worserer excuses justifications on here…..

timmys

Suggest you look in to a Weeride or the like. Most people round here prefer then to “out back” seats.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

get a pannier rack that attches to the seat clamp and has a QR skewer that goes through the rear wheel… no weight directly on the frame then, then you need a seat that fits on a pannier rack… bosh, job done…

and Yeti never made a 650b ali Arc frame… they made a 650b carbon one in small only, medium and large were 29er, and still carbon…

jambalaya
    Free Member

@chilled and @steve excellent thinking / action

ade9933
    Free Member

n+1

beagle
    Free Member

The problem I’m having with the we-ride is that the headtube has to be pretty lengthy. I have a transition klunker for kid carrying duties using the we-ride which I need to replace with a slack steel 29er – with more gearing!. Very difficult to find a candidate which doesn’t have a short head tube – especially the upper part.

ampthill

I can’t belive I’m saying this but n+1

Under £100 would buy a use bike that would be better in this role than the current bike. No faff with adding and removing seat. No risk of the brake calipre fouling the rack or the rack slowly sawing through carbon

chilled76
    Free Member

Cheers for the input guys. What age/weight does that go up to cloudnine?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Reccomended for children from approximately 9 months till 3 years of age or a body weight of 15 kg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dadtrackworld. Child seat and carbon frames.’ is closed to new replies.