Lil Grips #1 is too big for the trailer - just under 4 years old, 24kg, 110cm and broad shouldered. She doesn't really fit in next to Lil Grips #2.
So the options are as follows:
1) Bigger trailer. Very expensive, only the Chariot Corsair XL is significantly bigger than my Cougar 2 and they cost £££££. It would also only last maybe one more year anyway.
2) Tag-along. They do seem to be available in small enough sizes, but I am not convinced she's got enough core strength, endurance and focus to sit tight for a 1-2 hour trip without falling off or being bumped off.
3) Trail Gator. She is due her first pedal bike by now anyway, so this would be a cheap option, but she can't actually ride, even her balance bike has stabilisers. I don't know how much support these things give to someone who's not really physically tuned in.
4) Weehoo iGo. Quite expensive but I like this idea a lot. I could sell our Cougar 2 and buy a Cougar 1, and maybe have a little money left over to go towards this.
5) A second hand Bob Yak with some sort of chair strapped into it. It'd need a proper job doing with added safety straps. I haven't looked at second hand Bob Yak values yet. Would also come in handy for me
6) A cargo bike with a chair strapped on. Like a Kona Ute or something. Needless to say, this is a great option for me, but lots of money again! If you can get two kids on a Ute that might work, cos I could sell the Chariot and buy one then.