Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Dadsnettrackworld – teenagers "going out"
  • MoreCashThanDash

So…..

Jnr and his young lady friend are no longer “just friends” and are now officially “going out”.

As far as I can tell, this involves a lot of texting, and hanging round at each others houses eating pizza and watching films. Or going to the cinema and eating pizza.

Anyway, they are both sensible 14 year olds, and both have sisters desperate to play gooseberry at any opportunity, but what rules/guidance does the forum have to handle this potentially tricky parental dilemma should “going out” move on to whatever the next stage is these days.

Conversations have been had previously about respect, consent, the law, precautions etc. But it was far more theoretical then.

Cougar

hanging round at each others houses eating pizza and watching films

I suggest you Google “Netflix and chill.”

5thElefant
    Free Member

When my lad was at the ‘next stage’ I met an awful lot of young ladies on the landing late at night.

You might want to consider wearing pants.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Relax, probably already happened

perchypanther
    Free Member

potentially tricky parental dilemma

Potentially tricky grandparental dilemma more like.

BlobOnAStick

IME prepare for a visit from the father of the young lady, the opening gambit of which might be “I’m recording this conversation in case I need to use it as evidence….” 😯 😯 😯

nickc

Give him condoms, have a proper conversation with him about consent, legal ages, and the consequences of unprotected sex. (especially pregnancy and disease)

Give him (and his gf) facts, and do it sooner rather than later.

Most parents are too embarrassed to do this, and most kids are too embarrassed to ask… Don’t be that parent. It might be slightly uncomfy, but it might give them a head start.

km79
    Free Member

Do teenagers still go out with each other these days? I thought it was all about unprotected sex with randoms they met on an app, webcamming their sex parties in exchange for consumer goods etc etc.

funkmasterp

Don’t forget the mandatory shaving off of all body hair km79.

Cougar

have a proper conversation with him about consent, legal ages, and the consequences of unprotected sex. (especially pregnancy and disease)

… and jail.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Nickc has it.

You can’t shield kids from the truth, nor can you protect them from peer pressure, but you can be supportive, open and can take the initiative when it comes to discussing sexual politics and consent. If you give them the emotional tools, they’ll suss it out for themselves in a constructive and responsible manner.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I suggest you Google “Netflix and chill.”

I never thought I had to, now I feel old.

stoofus
    Free Member

Deffo what Nick said.

Make sure you use this

[video]https://youtu.be/pMON_0I6ykc[/video]

MoreCashThanDash

He actually showed me the cup of tea video himself.

zanelad
    Free Member

Just think back to when you were 14………and worry.

pomona
    Free Member

I got my son a couple of hundred condoms from a free family planning clinic and told him I’m not being a grandad in my 40’s

MoreCashThanDash

When I was 14, girls were an alien species. He is batting way above his father’s average 😆

Just remembered the average age to become a grandparent is 49. So, exactly 9 months time in my case 😯

theotherjonv

I got my son a couple of hundred condoms

😯

If he’s anything like my batting average, they’d better have a long shelflife

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

When I was 14 I was more interested in air rifles & motorbikes. (Pauline was amazed at my hunting skills with a BSA Airsporter & Angela just loved the thrill of being on the pillion of my Tiger Cub) 8)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Dadsnettrackworld – teenagers "going out"’ is closed to new replies.