Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dadsnettrackworld – kids art work and what to do with it.
  • mtbfix

Our house is slowly filling up with, ahem, art crafted by mtbfixlette. Her mum insists that we cannot throw it away. I would like to just photograph it as it comes in the house and then lose it at some point in the following week. What are your solutions for storage and/or disposal of your kid’s artistic creations? As things stand I have visions of boxes and boxes of the stuff cluttering the loft as she grows up.

highclimber
    Free Member

Complain to the school

Stoner
    Free Member

We have 3 large cork boards on the wall in the kids room, Stuff gets pinned up there and once every few months there’s a bit of a cull and a ritual filing in the bin to make space for more pasta shape pictures and glitter-shedding collages…

Just before a purge its rather archaeological – you can mine crayon ore…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    killwillforchips
    Free Member

Are you kidding, always keep it. You’ll be glad you did in 20+ years.

mogrim

Bonfire, the wax pictures go up a treat 🙂

More seriously: keep a couple of pictures, the better ones, and bin the rest. Make sure you’ve got the name+age on the back (name obviously only necessary if you’ve got more than one kid!). You can’t keep it all!

Gweilo
    Free Member

Theres still a picture, well map of sorts, on the door to the utility room that my 4 year old daughter produced. She’s 17 now lol

If anyones going to Perast in Montenegro I can let you have a copy of the map. Usefully it tells you where her Granddads House is and where the slippery rock in the swimming area is. 🙂

Legoman
    Free Member

Pictures aren’t so much of a problem, but as they get older it’s the 3-dimentional stuff that really takes over – junk models, random pottery items, Christmas/Easter/other-religious-festival-related-decor.

We keep a selection of the best stuff, the rest goes to a staging post in the garage for a couple of months, then if it’s not missed by either legochild, it gets discreetly binned.

Have to be careful they don’t spot stuff in the garage though… resulting in ‘what’s my best moving shoe-box dinosaur model doing on the garage floor… and it’s head has come off!!’ Which is distressing for all concerned.

dantsw13

Heartless Dad bins it all when softie mum is at work. Kids never notice.

mintimperial

Are you kidding, always keep it. You’ll be glad you did in 20+ years.

Cos by then he’ll have collected enough paper to start a profitable recycled paper mill, assuming he can dig his way out of the house?

Accumulate art by sticking to wall until full, take photo of kid in front of art, put in bin (artwork not kid, the latter will get you in trouble with the authorities APPARENTLY sheesh).

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

When my little cherub started drawing and painting lots I collected the best for a year and slotted it in a folder… Now I just add the really good ones or those drawn for me .

stavromuller
    Free Member

Granddaughters dog just ate a picture that she drew of me. It’s been pinned to the fridge all year and I’m gutted it’s gone. Just sayin’

johndoh
    Free Member

One of our girls found a bin full of her art a couple of days ago. Oops.

But we do as above – keep the better stuff, bin some, leave others on the fridge – then it systematically gets destroyed…

clubber
    Free Member

Most of it goes in the bin. The good stuff gets kept. we’re not sentimental. ymmv

jambalaya
    Free Member

You can’t keep it all, but a selection of the ones that mean something definitely. As a father of three now 24, 22 and 18 I’m glad we have a few things, those formative days seem a very long time ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dadsnettrackworld – kids art work and what to do with it.’ is closed to new replies.