Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Dadsnet – Baby Einstein
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

My boy likes the Baby Einstein videos on YouTube. We’re flying with him in a few days and I was thinking that a couple of the videos might be useful to keep him quiet on the plane, however I won’t be able to watch YouTube while flying. I appreciate this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I can download some direct to an iPhone (I’m even willing to pay so doesn’t need to be free)? Thanks

peterfile
    Free Member
    nemesis
    Free Member

keepvid.com will allow you to download the video to your computer. You can then copy it to your phone same as any other video (through iTunes I guess, I’m not an appler).

P-Jay
    Free Member

Failing that, you could buy the DVDs and rip them to the appropriate format – it’s legal now too.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I’ve tried a couple of apps, but can’t find one that can download YouTube video, they all seem to say ‘downloading from YouTube is prohibited due to its Terms of Service’, if anyone can suggest an app that works I’d be very grateful.

dooosuk
    Free Member

What about http://www.clipconverter.cc/

Worked fine when I did it.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

I’ve used this one a lot for grabbing cycling vids for watching while on the turbo, has worked perfectly.

http://clipgrab.org/

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

keepvid on your pc.

then, instead of converting them for playback on your iDevice, do it through the VLC app on it (still through iTunes).

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/add-videos-vlc-ipad-38948.html

mark90
    Free Member

I use TubeMate on Android to download Wooolly and Tig for offline viewing.

squirrelking
    Free Member

however I won’t be able to watch YouTube while flying

It never ceases to amaze me that in 2015 we still don’t have widespread wi-fi in planes.

I remember using MSN messenger on a Lufthansa flight back in 2005.

Anyway, nothing more to add, you appear to have been sorted out anyway…

wwaswas

It never ceases to amaze me that in 2015 we still don’t have widespread wi-fi in planes.

Airlines won’t even pay for the bandwidth for their airplanes to give 15 minute updates on their current position in the sky as simple latitude and longitude.

The also won’t pay for ‘black box’ data to be uploaded in real time.

Wi-fi’s not going to happen for a while…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That Video Downloader Lite app is ok, but we found it a bit shonky tbh. It also only allows you a limited number of videos. I’m in the midst of trying to find something else today myself.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Cheers all, I think I’ve got TubeMate to work. I just hope the little shit darling appreciates it and doesn’t spend the whole flight screaming!!

ampthill

So how would I go about getting broadband on my 747. I’m assuming we would be looking at a wireless system. As we are over the sea and out of site of land I assume that we are looking at satellites.

So would it have to be the Iridium network? As far as I can see that’s a 2-3 kbit/s connection for about a dollar a minute

Presumably I’m missing something

trail_rat
    Free Member

maybe it is , but 20 euro gave me wifi access that worked grand on the lufthansa frankfurt to port harcourt flight.

certainly makes a flight go past quicker.

chojin
    Free Member

ampthill – Member
    So how would I go about getting broadband on my 747. I’m assuming we would be looking at a wireless system. As we are over the sea and out of site of land I assume that we are looking at satellites.

So would it have to be the Iridium network? As far as I can see that’s a 2-3 kbit/s connection for about a dollar a minute

Presumably I’m missing something

http://www.techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/future-tech/how-does-airplane-wi-fi-work-and-will-it-ever-get-any-better–1171510

squirrelking
    Free Member

When I flew it was Boeingconnect I was on, something like €20 for 24h access. I’d imagine it works off the same line the payphones run off of.

ampthill

Thanks for the Link

hammyuk
    Free Member

Was just about to suggest clipconvertor

JEngledow
    Free Member

Thanks again, TubeMate has broken and wouldn’t play sound and then wouldn’t play at all, however I’m now home with the laptop so have used clip converter which seems to have done the trick!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Dadsnet – Baby Einstein’ is closed to new replies.