Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Dads – What do you children call you?
  • svensvenson

Daddy here, kids are 15,13 and 12, but we live in france so they don’t seem to be self conscious about it. When we moved to our little village 10 years ago they all went to the village school which only had 30 kids. Which meant that I was good for 10% of the school and within a month all the kids were calling me Daddy as they just thought that was my name – which gets a little weird on open days and the like!

I do occasionally try to get them to reply to my requests with ” I hear and obey mighty one” but usually wind up with something else resonating around the house – 12 year old is more sarcastic than me already…

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

My 2 and 4 year olds both call me Daddy. My 17 year old calls me Dad or Pops.
    When I first met Mrs Wachowchow she called both her parents by their first names. Both her and her brother had always done so, bloody hippies.
    I find it very weird.

Over the 13 years we have been together she has reverted to calling them Mum and Dad. Partly through my influence I think. However, it does seem very natural to her now though.

dawson

My 2 call me by first name. I think they only call me daddeee when they want something

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    johnx2
    Free Member

Mine call me very occasionally.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Come to think of it I do sometimes get, ‘Dad ya knob’ from my youngest when wer’e biking. 😆

sillyoldman

Silly old man.

ratadog

17 and 13 and my initials are DB so sometime about 3 years ago I became Dozy Bear, sometimes shortened to Dozy and sometimes to The Bear depending on whether I am being dozy or grumpy.

P.S.17 year old wants to know whether

Sheldon

is named for the Big Bang Theory character or the tiny dinosaur that thinks it’s a turtle.

core

I’m 28, call mine Dad, always have, can’t remember calling him Daddy, can’t have since a very young age. Refer to him as ‘the old man/the old chap’ generally.

Called mother, mother since teens, she makes out she dislikes it but secretly does I think. It’s a bit sarcastic/p taking, but we do live in a very rural area and it’s common place amongst the odder/more old fashioned locals.

My nephew (4) calls his dad his full name when he’s annoyed with him, abd when in a cheeky mood, his nickname, Bunter/bunt. Usually Daddy though.

A distant cousin has called his dad Brian since a toddler, they’re like best mates so seems normal now, but was weird to me when I was a kid.

garage-dweller

Daddy (youngest)

I think the other one calls me and his mum
    Match Attacks now. Its a bit like the Smurfs but where every third word is Match Attacks not Smurf.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Embarrassing.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

“Papa’s a hairy robot…”

cue her and her ma pissing themselves

bainbrge

Called my parents mam and dad, but my sister(49) now calls mam, mum which I find strange. Started about 10 years ago?

Are you from the NE but she lives elsewhere? I’ve found ‘mam’ difficult to maintain when away from there, especially ‘me Mam’ which is the natural way for me to refer to her. Now she’s dead though I make a point of always saying ‘me Mam’ as it feels like a little act of specific remembrance.

duckman

My 10 yo is graduating to Dad from Dada 😥

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Dads – What do you children call you?’ is closed to new replies.