Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dads pride
  • avalanche
    Free Member

I have just taken the training wheels off my 5 year old daughters bike. The pride I felt seeing her charge off down the garden for the first time, unaided, was amazing. I thought it was a bit too soon as she was totally reliant on the stabilizers but I thought I would give it a go and off she went. It has just dawned on me how momentous this milestone is as it marks the beginning of an independence unequaled by any other mode of transport. I hope she gets as much out of the humble bicycle as I have. Go girl.

woffle
    Free Member

Last week my youngest daughter discovered she could pee into the potty standing up and hence save valuable playtime.

I’ve never been so proud.

🙂

caledonia
    Free Member

I expect the same thing to happen by the summer with my daughter (also 5) and can’t Wait !!!
    She’s nearly there,
    My son however (4) is getting more and more frustrated and keeps dumping the bike and walking off in the huff !

They’ll both be with me at GT some day !!!

daim

Nice one. It’s the best feeling in the world. My 4 year old has been riding since he was just 3 and now rides like an old pro, there’s just no stopping them once the training wheels come off! My 2 year old is next but I feel it will be a while yet.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

woffle, you from Essex? 😉

Another bit of great tot-on-a-bike news, avalanche…! Lovely.

Bedds
    Free Member

wow.. that’s cool 🙂 nice one avalanche

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dads pride’ is closed to new replies.