Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dads- is this normal/advanced? (proud petrolhead Dad)
  • hora
    Free Member

14months old and he jumped into the drivers seat and motioned to shut the door..shut it and he turned on the stereo then tried 😮 starting the car…

Normal for his age (to mimic this far though?!) Or do I have a TWOC’er on my hands?

matt_outandabout

lol, keep the keys away and the car in gear….

Dibbs
    Free Member

Trying to get in early, imagine the price of petrol when he’s old enough to drive. 🙁

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It is driving me insane at the moment – two 2yr olds all over the car, lights being left on (two flat batteries) controls messed with, many failed start attempts, roof lining coloured with crayon…

allthepies
    Free Member

Yes, my nephew had that phase.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Our 15 month old can turn on the radio, hazard lights, indicators etc. Oh and press the ‘lock all the car doors’ button, which is worrying!

My daughter behaved – didn’t get chance to go anywhere near the car, didn’t open cupboards and never drank bleach.

What is wrong with you people?

My daughter is now 11 and still alive. She’s never been seen by social services and has thus far avoided borstal……

😛

althepal

My wee boy is coming up for two.. Picks my phone up, unlocks it and opens the picture icon to flick through them
    I used to put a slIdeshow on a for him few months ago when he couldn’t sleep cos of his teeth, wee bugger was obviously paying attention!!

Markie
    Free Member

My Peugeot now always starts with the words ‘power save mode activated’ flashing up on the radio display, the result of a two year old who loves her ‘driving time’.

Which reminds me, I forgot to shut the petrol flap as I dragged her from the car before dinner today, must go resolve…

monkey_boy
    Free Member

dont talk to me about babies and cars….

i shouldnt admit this as it was a complete T*WAT school boy error. only excuse is that it was the wifes car and im not used to fancy remote locking from the keyfob,

anyway… went shopping at local supermarket, pushing baby (15month old) back to car, pulled the car keys out, put them in my mouth to lift her out of trolley into car seat ( you can see where its going) as i lift her out she grabs the keys. (wife is filling boot with shopping)i buckle her into the car seat and shut the door at the exact same time wife shuts the boot…….. baby grins at me… then i hear the worst sound i have ever heard in my life… the contral locking being engaged!!!

the wife just looks at me and tears start to well up in her eyes, fear ive never felt before starts to rise in my gut. the baby still laughing, giggling to herself still holding the keys… wife storms off to call RAC crying… i just stare into the car tyring to coax her to press the butotn on the keys.. what seems like an hour the fear still building…. somehow she manages to click the butotn and i open the door…

i was seconds away from ‘somehow’ smashing the window.

leason learnt! (must get a second spare key aswell!)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dads- is this normal/advanced? (proud petrolhead Dad)’ is closed to new replies.