Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Dad's in charge for a week – night 1 – BORED!
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

My wife has abandoned me for a week so it’s just me, the house and the 16 month old rascal. First evening and he’s about to get his bedtime. I’m already bored to tears! I’ll be working next wed and thu but otherwise it’s just me and him. Any tips? Or does anyone want to come over for tea? 🙂 I’ll end up a blabbering idiot after a week of baby talk and no (next to no) grown up contact!

GrahamS

Do stuff!

Softplay, swimming, play park, painting/scribbling, sandpit, bike/trailer ride etc etc

Nothing worse than just staring at the walls while CBeebies is on – do stuff and fill your day.

(Credentials: I don’t work Fridays specifically so I can have a day of one-on-one daddy time with my 2 year old. It’s not always easy but it is worth it!)

matt_outandabout

Go to the toddler groups and meet people.
    Go swimming.
    Go for a day out – a walk, a train, doesn’t matter where, just go.

mogrim

Loads of hot mums out there, just waiting for you to turn up with kiddy in a buggy.

yunki
    Free Member

Just coming to the end of my sixth year in charge..
    The boredom is indescribable.. It robs you of inspiration, sanity, and the will to live..

I suggest that when mum comes home you give her a huge bunch of flowers, a bottle of wine and shower her with praise and affection to show your appreciation now that you have an insight into her world

digging drainage ditches would be infinitely easier

glasgowdan
    Free Member

It’s more evening boredom after his bed to be honest! It’s grand, he’s been very sick and recovered just in time so it’ll ne just a slightly longer spell as I’m full time 3 days a week with him usually.

Where arr the hot mums mogrim? 🙂

Ro5ey
    Free Member

no (next to no) grown up contact!

And you’ve come on here for inspiration ..?

😆

mogrim

Where arr the hot mums mogrim?

Playground, swimming pool, shopping, basically anywhere but stuck at home bored ****less with a kid.

GrahamS

It’s more evening boredom after his bed to be honest!

Evening boredom?! Sorry, does not compute.

I fondly remember having evenings. Maybe watching a film, reading a book, enjoying a glass of wine, playing games, bike fettling. Happy days.

These days by the time we have the kids fed, washed, in bed, stories read and finally asleep we barely have the energy to flop on the sofa for an hour before crawling to bed.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

GrahamS is spot on!. Get a baby monitor that can pick up the wee yins noises from the bike shed, and fettle til yer hearts content, use the time to do all those wee bike jobs you never do….

rob2
    Free Member

Coke and hookers surely. Stw standards are slipping!

Seriously though, park, swimming, national trust places

glasgowdan
    Free Member

The bikes are running perfectly so no tinkering to do. Yunki…wife works 4 days and i do more childcare than her anyway, so hopefully SHE comes back with chocolate and beer for ME! 🙂

There’s that pile of laundry to put away, vuelta isn’t on till ten hrm.

BillOddie

Loads of hot mums out there, just waiting for you to turn up with kiddy in a buggy.

Find the softplay place that does the fanciest coffee, MILF-city!

senorj

Do all the ironing whilst watching Spartacus on net flix. ( other brainless TV/movies may suffice)
    Sometimes I build the train set ready for the next mornings playtime,kills an hour,ha.

iainc

Post up on FB Meetup Glasgow for a Ben Lomond ride tomorrow morning ? . oh, hang on … 😀

crankboy
    Free Member

Scalextrix all the films you love but your wife hates …ultimate farce , Sharpe . Cook the food your wife doesn’t like . Even an evening with a good book.
    To be honest I miss my wife when she works away but I do enjoy the opportunity to rediscover non couple things once the boy is down .
    Day time baby and toddler groups parks and going to the “dark forest ” are fun don’t sit in the house but don’t be “that” dad by the swings hitting on the young mums , they talk to each other .

glasgowdan
    Free Member

aye tomorrow is a short granny visit so I can escape 🙂 This evening’s been alright – fixed the van radio, cleaned the bbq grill, don’t usually enjoy my own company but it’s been no bad. And a cold erdinger has begun it’s passage down my tubes which is lurvely!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

bored? id love a night on my own, mrs has been on maternity leave for about 5 years 😆

qwerty
    Free Member

Shirley it’s time to fix your bike in the kitchen whilst wearing only your wife’s finest undies…..

MoreCashThanDash

Shirley it’s time to fix your bike in the kitchen whilst wearing only your wife’s finest undies…..

Enter the in laws, stage left, popping round to take the little one off your hands for a couple of hours…… 😯

bikebouy
    Free Member

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Go out and do stuff. There is lots of stuff out there if you go and look for it.

mikey74
    Free Member

@ bikebouy

If I was drinking tea, I’d have spat it out over my Macbook 😆

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Enter the in laws,

Probably not a good idea.

garage-dweller

^^^And the depravity has begun
    I have forgotten what evenings are (studying for work exams most of this year) so no help there

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m coming down to Glasgow on Tuesday for a chat with a gentleman in Barlinnie. I will have Andrew with me who probably has worse table manners than your toddler, but if you’re having something decent for tea maybe we’ll pop in. What are you having for tea on Tuesday?

squirrelking
    Free Member

Have you seen what passes for softplay in Scotland? It’s like something from Rab C with miserable kids running round a concrete warehouse with old sofa cushions taped to the walls. Best coffee is probably Greggs’ finest.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I thought soft play places were just fronts for laundering dirty money?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Big softplay in cumbernauld is pretty ace, clean, loads to do, some of the toys even have working batteries in them and not every mum is a size 22 with greasy hair and a harrowing stare

steveoath
    Free Member

Giffnock classic car show today 1pm-5pm.

Giffnock’s Classic Car Spectacular II

Jnr oath and I shall be heading to that. Interested to see the bikes.

Had 8 weeks with my toddler at the holidays there. There’s a lot to do, but not much info on how to find it in Glasgow. Be prepared to infiltrate “mum only zones”.

If the nipper likes stories/singing look for book bug or bounce and rhyme sessions in the libraries. They’re free.
    Glad cafe does drum classes for toddlers, can’t remember the days though.
    Merry-go-round in strathbungo (nithsdale rd I think) post info in the shop with things to do. There’s a dad’s group meetup on saturdays, and a baby and parent climbing class. (Parents do the climbing). If you’ve got a bike seat,head up to whitelee windfarm. Great on a sunny day like today. Nice cafe. And the wee one can run mad as well.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

What was that website? – Ashley something…sounds perfect for your evenings…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

squirrelking – Member
    Have you seen what passes for softplay in Scotland? It’s like something from Rab C with miserable kids running round a concrete warehouse with old sofa cushions taped to the walls. Best coffee is probably Greggs’ finest.

Bravo sir!.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Looks good Steve cheers. He’d love the dog trials. Might drive down during his nap and see how the day goes. We were meant to be going to his other grannies tomorrow for her birthday but she;’s got a cold now and doesn’t want the fella to catch it. Good thing is he seems to be over the bug he had and is having a superb happy day! I nipped out to Ben Lomond while other granny was over for a few hrs to see him, couldn’t have had a better day for it.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Dad's in charge for a week – night 1 – BORED!’ is closed to new replies.