Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dads & Daughters mountain bike group
  • herfie
    Free Member

My 14year old daughter has been biking since she was 8, she is happy riding with me and my mates but our conversations (other than bike talk) are not on her wavelength. I have had a look for clubs local to us around East Cheshire but they seem more roadie focused.

Think the only other option is start our own group. If you have a keen son or daughter and you both fancy a ride in the Peak District give us a shout. We are out most Saturday mornings, either locally near Macclesfield or further afield.
    Cheers
    Rob

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

great idea sir, chappeau, sadly my girl is in newcastle. friendly bump.

herfie
    Free Member

Thanks mate, she would love to have someone of a similar age to bike with.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Great idea

acidchunks

I’m fortunate enough to have several MTB mates who also have daughters.

They’re all too young to walk right now but it bodes well for the future.

Good luck setting up your group! 🙂

kitebikeski
    Free Member

It’s a problem all over! – we commute a fair distance 2-3 times a week for 15yo daughter to train and ride with a club with a critical mass of youths – all boys (maybe that’s the attraction!). Since joining the club her riding’s gone from strength to strength, and the benefit of a group of like minded ‘kids’ isn’t to be underestimated.

herfie
    Free Member

Thanks guys, it’s looking like we will be setting up our own group! Will keep you posted on progress. Do find it hard to believe that there is nothing catering for kids other than road cycling.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dads & Daughters mountain bike group’ is closed to new replies.