Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dad's 70th… No idea what to get him, ideas?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

It’s my dad’s 70th, and I always struggle to know what to buy him for any occasion. He’s not materialistic at all, doesn’t really buy himself anything nice, or treat himself. He never asks for anything.

He’s a roadie, follows le tour and a few other bigger events.

He’s about to retire this year too, so will have more time on his hands.

Any ideas? Anything is better than what I’m coming up with!

Cheers

Ricks

joshvegas
    Free Member

Trip to one of the mountain stages of the tour.

rickon
    Free Member

Ooooohhh. Idea.

pennine
    Free Member

I got an Orange 4 for mine 😀
    Just back from a ride on North Yorkshire Moors

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

@pennine – great views from Sutton Bank – I love it there although I tend to walk rather than bike.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Actually.

Ride the route the day before then watch?

maccruiskeen

A pies by post subscription from Simple Simon pies

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, experiences is always better than material gifts so trip to TdF, and feel free to go with him! 🙂

wiggles
    Free Member

C&H

beej

Yep, TdF or another event. Worlds are in Bergen this year, that’s a great event to go to.

km79
    Free Member

V&C&H

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A power kite.

pennine
    Free Member

I was also given a voucher for a flying lesson in a 4-seater plane. This should be interesting! Taking my wife along for the ride.

BenjiM

My dad just turned 70 and we booked him onto a hot air balloon ride in the Ribble Valley for his birthday. He loves the outdoors but since his Parkinsons has become worse he struggles with his mobility, so what better way to see the countryside!

scuttler

This if he’s into his cars or has owned a few. You’ll need to put some leg work in to get the colours and marks/versions right though but there’s a proofing process that allows you to nail it – My FIL was easy as he’s been on company cars every three years between the 70s and 2010 and there’s friend of the family who’s like Rainman when it comes to this kind of thing. The thing we learnt is that they’re not just cars – each one comes with its own story.

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/oliverhydesillustration/product/personlised-carvolution-print

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dad's 70th… No idea what to get him, ideas?’ is closed to new replies.