Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Dad's
  • commierider
    Free Member

Hi, my sister sent the below into the guardian which was published in the family section today, just really quite proud and a bit sad so thought I’d share

[/url]

You were definitely quirky. Maybe even a tad eccentric. It wouldn’t be at all unusual to come home to a landing decorated from floor to ceiling with hand-painted vines, a wall knocked down on a whim, or a meal fashioned out of the most unlikely combinations of whatever lay in the fridge.

You had a passion for erecting shelves and an obsession with labelling every belonging with its owner’s name. Even now, 12 years after your premature death, I often come across a DIY tool with MJW proudly soldered on to it. Christmases would be (and are) incomplete without your adventurous treasure hunts that would inevitably end with us searching the hedges and lampposts of neighbouring streets, in the dark. I very much regret not carrying out our threat to mastermind an equally intricate hunt for you, while we still could.

I didn’t appreciate your uniqueness while you were still with us but I certainly do now that you’re not. Fond, fond memories of a father who afforded us such a delicate brand of guided freedom and would have enriched the lives of his beautiful grandchildren.

Anonymous

nonk
    Free Member

a bit sad, i am in bits now mate.

ring yer sis an tell her she’s great.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

wrightyson
    Free Member

I strive to be a dad that will live long In the memories of my children, and they then pass on some of the good and the bad of me to their very own babies!

Lifer
    Free Member

mamadirt
    Free Member

Commie, that’s lovely. You’re right to be proud. Dads are special!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

CFH – that is a new low even for this place. You should go and take a long hard look at yourself.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah I miss my dad too. Makes looking forward to it for myself hard to do. Especially with my mum just admitted to hospital last night on top of it 🙁

Mantastic
    Free Member

Good post, if my daughter can speak as highly of me in years to come I would be very proud.

CFH you utter tool

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Edited. Post in haste, repent at leisure, etc….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What mamadirt said + 1

commierider
    Free Member

CFH, I get it. I’m the first to admit my grammar Is rubbish and I hope that is what your (now edited) comment related to.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It was, please accept my apologies.

commierider
    Free Member

No real need for an apology as it is a fair cop!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Dad's’ is closed to new replies.