Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Daddy what did you do to stop the fighting and killing.
  • project
    Free Member

Small child watching tv, with all the current wars/fighting going on in the world,asks his dad as an adult has actually done to try and stop the fighting/wars,have you protested,stopped shopping at various shops, stopped using banks that support the armaments trade,written leters to the senior management of the companies and banks concerned, written to your mp et etc.

Dad thinks for a nano second and says mcburgers is open fancy a mc burger son.

Discussion closed,

oliverd1981
    Free Member

what I did was – I didn’t have any kids.

AD

Wrote lots of posts on an obscure biking forum?

alpin
    Free Member

i’m with Oliver… one of the reasons i don’t want kids is that i don’t like where society is and where it is going. might sound a little alarmist, i know.

i’ve never been one for responsibilty and i think having kids is an easier path to follow than the moral maze that is having kids.

i don’t buy veg from Isreal if that helps answer your question.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wrote lots of posts on an obscure biking forum?

It is the way of teh bighittahz.

andymc06
    Free Member

I gave my hands a good wringing whilst crying into my artisan craft brewed wheat beer!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If a small child watching TV doesn’t think war is cool then he’s watching the wrong stuff.

I suggest something with John Wayne for starters.

Jamie
    Free Member

Even for you, Project, this is pretty weak.

Oh, and make mine a McTasty.

Northwind

I decided not to become prime minister then invade iraq. Done my bit. And I think we’ve established that we all get nobel peace prizes just for not being George Bush.

somafunk

As above, don’t have kids, nor a tv (not evangelical bout’ it so shhh) but i have tried to speak to every single member of my local council at the last open meeting – they did not wish to hear me so i’m currently trying to raise support from others in my town to hold a vote of no confidence in the local elected officials (less than 27% turnout at last elections), i’ve also wrote to my local MP’s along with asking them on twitter (who have ignored me so far) but i am still awaiting responses 3 weeks later, i refuse to buy any Israeli produce/products, i supported the Gaza demonstrations in Edinburgh, i financially give to various Palestinian factions (medical), I have a Palestine flag in my window and i bleat on to everyone i know about the situation – if i met Tony Blair i’d quite happily smack him in the face as we have (my mates) a pact to financially support and help each other for legal fees etc if such a situation arose.

To be honest the smacking of Tony Blair for his “righteous war” (his words) would give me no end of satisfaction.

Drac

I had kids, one of which one day may bring world peace or might just carry on living life and providing for others.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

I can say;

“Well son, I joined the TA and was trained to sit underground whilst the bombs fell; to emerge unscathed and set up national communications for the civil authorities so that Ivan wouldn’t be able to beat us.”

Shame I joined the TA in ’97 when the threat from Ivan was all but gone…

I left in 2003, more in disgust that all the decent training had been cancelled due to adventures in Iraq rather than disgust with the war itself… but I could spin that my if one of my two ever phrased a question such as the OP’s.

…But as Ernie says, there is no chance of kids not thinking war is cool. As my four year old daughter noted the other day – everyone dies eventually so why get upset?!?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

NW – where were you, I won the Nobel peace prize last year. Didn’t you?

Northwind

Nobel for economics is a different thing

racefaceec90

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

to emerge unscathed and set up national communications for the civil authorities

Hence the big ears ?

chewkw
    Free Member

project – Member
    Dad thinks for a nano second and says mcburgers is open fancy a mc burger son.

Discussion closed,

I blame obesity rate on the father inability to give advice. 😆

oldnpastit

What we need is a Middle East Peace Envoy to come and sort things out.

Pook

More pertinently, what did Project do?

nickjb
    Free Member

I won’t buy peppers from Israel. Even if the bargain bag of misshapes is all red ones. I also didn’t vote for Tony Blair but that didn’t work.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I won’t buy peppers from Israel.

It’s easy now with all the Dutch and UK peppers available, but you wait until later on in the year when supermarkets are all awash with zionist peppers, that’ll test your mettle.

oldnpastit

cfinnimore
    Free Member

“Just don’t be a **** dick.”

I’m having children, that will be their mantra.

Along with “choose your swears carefully”.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Its a bit like people don’t generally give a shit.. most are a bit shocked for 20 secs whilst watching the news then they move on to watching some rubbish on ch5 about dole scroungers with pitbulls.
    Id bet at least two thirds of the country dont even understand what’s happening in Israel. Its the arabs fighting the muslamics innit?? If it doesn’t directly effect people or their immediate family then they dont care.

stumpyjon

Actually I think if history has taught us anything, sitting back and letting them get on with it is the way forward. Europe finally (I hope) got it’s petty squabbles sorted with the second world war, other areas of the world are still maturing through this diificult time. Outside forces going in (and the same can be said for outside aid) just prolongs the agony. Until the local population becomes so disgusted with war regardless of the underlying religious or political justification for long enough to put structures in place to avoid it in the future (like the EU) it’ll keep happening.

The other thing that doesn’t work is crippling a population economically, if they’ve got nothing left and no quality of life they’ve nothing to lose. We have a lot more leverage through trade than weapons.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s easy now with all the Dutch and UK peppers available, but you wait until later on in the year when supermarkets are all awash with zionist peppers, that’ll test your mettle.

It starts with the peppers and you think “oh, that’s ok, I liked the Dutch peppers, but these Israeli peppers, I should give them a go. They might be just as tasty.”

Next thing you know, the Spanish oranges start getting bumped to the “reduced for quick sale” section. And the Israeli oranges have occupied the once prime location of those Spanish tasties. Before you even realise what’s happened, the garlic section is choiceless, you try and do something about it by writing to the Grocer, who produce an angry editorial but the Israeli fruit and veg pay no attention whatsoever and start moving their own fresh herbs into the stand where once proud Norfolk grown coriander, basil and fresh mint stood.

Slippery slope…

dannybgoode

There is not really anything practical that I can do to stop the wars in Syria, Iraq or Gaza. Short of a spectacular rise through the diplomatic service I dint think I will get a say.

However I have tried to study the history of the conflicts, the regions etc so I can at least go someway to explaining to babybgoode (when he’s old enough to ask) the basic causes of conflict and what the implications of war are so he doesn’t think its cool.

zippykona

Be nice,it might spread.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I tried to take a hospital ship to Afghanistan! The whole world took notice 😀

poah
    Free Member

I started to explain to Lewis but he got bored and left the room

Junkyard
    Free Member

Slippery slope

You are clarkson I claim my £5

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Snarf @ Junkyard

Syria/Sudan/D.R.C/ Ukraine…

How will the history books reflect on it?

Jamie
    Free Member

In hindsight, best not to get Junior a burger.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIE1jzG_eHI[/video]

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I imagine if i one day told this to a child addressing me as “daddy” this they would hopefully look very confused indeed…

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I don’t go to church because “the man in the sky who wears a frock and has a beard” (God) and other peoples “men in the sky with frocks and beards” (Gods) seem to be the cause of most wars.

Also, church seems to be a paedo ring too. Another reason not to be involved with religion.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

I don’t go to church because “the man in the sky who wears a frock and has a beard” (God) and other peoples “men in the sky with frocks and beards” (Gods) seem to be the cause of most wars.

Also, church seems to be a paedo ring too. Another reason not to be involved with religion.

The irony is enough people taking that kind of view in that kind of manner has caused violence countless times. Nice one CHL 😆

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Daddy what did you do to stop the fighting and killing.’ is closed to new replies.